Forum: Bug Reports

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons please use the support forum.

[Resolved]2 searches, same page, only want one set of results

Home Forums Bug Reports 2 searches, same page, only want one set of results

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Alan Green
    Participant

I have a search form in the footer of the site (that’s there all the time). When you perform a search it then takes you to a search results page, the problem is I get the search results appear on that page as well as in the footer.

Is there any way of stopping the results appearing twice on the page?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Alan,
    In the footer you should use the shortcode [gmw search_form=”form ID”] to display the search form only. This way the search results will only show in the content of the page and not in the footer.

Alan Green
    Participant

Works perfectly. Thanks for this. I do keep on getting a bit confused with the shortcodes.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

You are welcome.

Indeed, the shortcodes can be confusing. I am planning to completely redo the documentation site once I am done with the new GEO my WP website ( very soon ).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.