GEO my WP Support

Use this forum for technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons only. For technical support and general questions related to any of the premium extensions please open a new premium support ticket.

[Not resolved]508 Compliance | Accessibility Issues

Home Forums Support 508 Compliance | Accessibility Issues

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  dannycornershop 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

dannycornershop
    Participant

Hello,

I am using the GeoMyWP plugin on a client site and it works as desired. The only issue is that the markup for the search form does not pass the 508 compliance test. The issues relate to not including a label and title for the text input.

The test was done using PowerMapper. Below is the error message.

This form has fields without LABEL elements or TITLE attributes

Screen readers use LABEL elements or TITLE attributes to describe form fields to non-sighted users. Without these, forms are very hard to use with a screen reader. Forms designed to be completed online shall allow people using assistive technology to access the information, field elements, and functionality required for completion and submission of the form, including all directions and cues.

<input type="text" name="gmw_address[]" id="gmw-address-1" autocomplete="off" class="gmw-address gmw-full-address gmw-address-1" value="" placeholder="Enter Zip..." />

I know that there are hooks to modify form elements/values but I do not see a way of adding the fix without safely keeping the edits from being overridden by updates. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.