Forum: Xprofile Fields

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Xprofile Fields premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Add Xprofile field to member profiles on results list

Home Forums Xprofile Fields Add Xprofile field to member profiles on results list

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pieter Middeldorp 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

softdesigns
    Participant

Greetings-

We’re just about ready for our site to go live but would like to add a few features.  We’re using the grid-gray results template. Our site is http://www.musicwiz.club.

The member profiles look good, but they only contain name, location and last active information.  Instead of displaying when the person was last active, we’d like to display the value of two Xprofile fields in the member profiles.  Can you tell us how to do that?

We’ve seen several examples from users in support threads who display a lot of non-geographical information in their results lists, and they really look good.

Thanks ahead of time for your help!

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Should be simple. The script below will use a hook in the results template file to display custom information ( xprofile fields in this case ):

Place the script in the functions.php file.

I hope that helps.

softdesigns
    Participant

Thank you so much, Eyal.  That worked perfectly.  I concatenated a second field, added new lines, and have just exactly what I want, thanks to you.

Great product with excellent support!

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

You are welcome and thank you for the feedback. I am glad I can help.

Pieter Middeldorp
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

I am using Geo My WP, The premium settings add on and the xprofile fields add on. When I add a user the address is stored but the user is not in the search results. I have tried to add users both on the front and backend (wp admin) buth with no luck.

Can you please help me with this issue? I see others have similar issues but I could not find a solution.

Thanks in advance,
    Pieter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.