Forum: Feature Requests

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Feature Requests premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Not resolved]auto locate – getCurrentPosition

Home Forums Feature Requests auto locate – getCurrentPosition

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Claus Gammelgaard 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Claus Gammelgaard
    Participant

Hi Eyal

I have purchased “Global Maps” and “Nearby Location” and expected a continuous auto-location of the users position to be a part of one of those extensions. I have now read about the other extensions in your extensions-portfolio. I can’t figure out if any of the other extensions offers this functionality? Can you clarify? Thanks.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Claus and thank you for the purchase.

and expected a continuous auto-location of the users position to be a part of one of those extensions

Do you mean for the plugin to automatically keep tracking the user’s location as the user’s is moving?

Claus Gammelgaard
    Participant

Yes, thats exactly what I mean

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, this feature is not yet exists in GEO my WP nor in any of the add-ons.

Google Maps API does not yet provide the ability to track the user’s location. So the only way to retrieve the user’s location at the moment is using the browser. And the browser must ask for the user’s permission before retrieving his location.

I hope that Google will provide such feature in the future so I could integrate it with GEO my WP.

Claus Gammelgaard
    Participant

I’m sorry to hear that.

There are real-life examples of webapps that use the Geolocation WatchPosition with Google Maps API. For instance:

Working with Geolocation watchPosition() API

After the users acceptance the WatchPosition object tracks the users position continuously which you can test with the live demo. Anyway, there is probably a good reason why this is not possible to implement in Geo My Wp.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.