Forum: Bug Reports

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons please use the support forum.

[Resolved]Avatars Not Showing on Map

Home Forums Bug Reports Avatars Not Showing on Map

This topic contains 22 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jofeuerstein 1 year ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Michael
    Participant

Hello!

Some users avatar photos are not showing on our results map.

Many of the new users have profile photos that are not showing up on the map. Their wordpress and buddyPress image looks like this:

Profile avatar

But on the map, it looks like this:

Member Avatar

Some profiles are OK, but I think those are older, and there have been quite a few plugin upgrades.

Can you help? Thank you!

M

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Michael,

Are you using a plugin for the avatar uploader or the native BuddyPress uploader?

Michael
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

Thanks for the response. I’m using quite a bit of your software, working on a fairly ambitious project for a layman, so thank you!

I’m not allowing users to upload avatars with Buddypress OR WordPress. Initial login and WP account creation is handled through my XenForo forum software using a bridge called XenWord. It seems to create valid, complete wp accounts that are working fine in all other known instances. The avatar image is maintained through that bridge. If the user updates in XenWord, the WP avatar is updated.

M

Michael
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

If WordPress correctly has the avatar image (it does), shouldn’t GEO My WP use it? Help?

Thanks,

M

Michael
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

Here is another, slightly different example of different BuddyPress and GEO My WP avatar images. In this case, they are both showing different default avatars. The BuddyPress avatar is correct, the map is showing the wrong one. Is this s setting somewhere?

Thanks,

M

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Michael
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

How do I get support? I’ve spent over $100 on your plugins and feel like I am on my own. I’ve been very patient?

Is this a known issue? A Geo My IP bug?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

M

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.

Michael
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

Well that is reassuring. I am using your software heavily and was afraid I could no longer get support. OK, I will send an email shortly with details.

M

Michael
    Participant

Did you receive my e-mail? I sent it a few days ago.

Thanks,

M

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

HI Michael,
    Yes, I now found your email and I am going to look into it.

Thanks,

Michael
    Participant

Thank you!

M

Michael
    Participant

Any luck or leads? Do you have what you need?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

I did look at your site and manage to get more avatars to show on the map. But still not all of them showing. I am not sure if all of your members uploaded avatars or not.

However, members who their avatar shows on the BuddyPress profile should now also show on the map.

Take a look at the map and let me know if you have any questions.

Michael
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you! Can you tell me if it was a plug-in setting or a bug? I want to know your plugin software as much as possible, and I couldn’t figure it out!

I’ll check the avatars, and if users have uploaded avatars.

Thanks again. More soon!

M

Michael
    Participant

Ok, found one specific user to look into:

BlueRunner05

If you look in the User Admin Area for users, and look up that user, you will see he has an avatar. On the map, he does not have an avatar.

That seems like an issue between swap and Buddypress? Your map seems to properly display what Buddypress has as an avatar, so seems to be working properly. Not sure this part is your plugin.

If not, I’m happy to pay for development if required. It seems (novice opinion), since user accounts are created using Xenforo, Buddypress is not using the WP Avatar created by Xenforo registration? I’m just not sure.

Thoughts?

M

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.