Forum: Bug Reports

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons please use the support forum.

[Resolved]Avatars Not Showing on Map

Home Forums Bug Reports Avatars Not Showing on Map

This topic contains 22 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jofeuerstein 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Michael
    Participant

Ok, found one specific user to look into:

BlueRunner05

If you look in the User Admin Area for users, and look up that user, you will see he has an avatar. On the map, he does not have an avatar.

That seems like an issue between swap and Buddypress? Your map seems to properly display what Buddypress has as an avatar, so seems to be working properly. Not sure this part is your plugin.

If not, I’m happy to pay for development if required. It seems (novice opinion), since user accounts are created using Xenforo, Buddypress is not using the WP Avatar created by Xenforo registration? I’m just not sure.

Thoughts?

M

Michael
    Participant

Well I found another case where the avatar on the map, and the buddypress avatar are not the same, so that’s strange.

Any ideas?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Michael
    Participant

Hi there! What’s the best way to get additional support on this? Thanks!

M

Michael
    Participant

Hi, checking in again. Do you know of other developers who are familiar with your code so I can get support? This isn’t a hobby for me, it’s a business, so I really need to be able to make consistent progress.

jofeuerstein
    Participant

Hi, have the axact same issue. We use buddypress with buddyboss’s boss theme. It appears the empty avatars occur when the user-location is set before there’s an avatar uploaded. In my view the plugin isn’t syncing correctly with the user database. But I don’t know how to fix that.

Michael
    Participant

I finally uninstalled the GEO MyWP software after spending well north of $100 on it. The main reason is lack of support. Really what I wanted was a member map. I went with a completely different solution I’m very happy with. Not as robust as GEO MyWp, but it works flawless for what I need.

M

jofeuerstein
    Participant

This problem is not solved. It persists up until today in 2018. It occurs when accounts are created through certain plugins. For example accounts created through the formidable plugin have valid accouts/avatars, but the avatars do show up as “mystery-garavatars” in global maps (for example).

Once the account is createte, there is no way to get the avatar back. Deleting the image, recreate a new one doesn’t help. Any account created by formidable forever shows the mystery-avatar on GeoMyWP.

The html code in that case looks like this:

I have not found out why this link is created instead of the normal wordpress avatar link.

Is there anyone who solved this?

jofeuerstein
    Participant

I found it. Thre’s a bug in the code.

file: gmw-info-window-template_functions.php

function: gmw_info_window_user_avatar()

if you replace
    echo get_avatar( $user->ID, ”, ”, ”, $args );

with
    echo get_avatar( $user->user_id, ”, ”, ”, $args );

all avatars show correctly.

The reason for this to show up as a bug is probably that with formidable and possibly other plugins “$user->ID <> $user->user_id”

$user->ID is the “entry ID”, but not the user ID.
    The user ID is in $user->user_id

j.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.