Forum: Beta Testing

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons please use the support forum.

Beta 2.5 testing

Home Forums Beta Testing Beta 2.5 testing

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  thibaud 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

thibaud
    Participant

Hi, this is following the comments from Thibaud on post beta 2.5.

thibaud
    Participant

Idem on 2014 theme

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Thibaud,
    You have mentioned that you still have x-shortcode plugin activate. If you deactivate it the issue is still there?

Which theme are you using? Can you please switch to a default WordPress theme to see if the issues goes away?

thibaud
    Participant

Damn, the problem comes from X wp theme.

I don’t know if it’s related but geotheme have an extension for X in order to work with their plugin : http://wpgeodirectory.com/addons/x-theme-compatibility-pack/

The plugin, through action hooks and filters removes the default html wrappers from GeoDirectory templates and adds X Theme html wrappers.
    Problem is that I don’t like their plugin..

Is it possible to make geomywp work in combination with X ?

Thanks,

Thibaud

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi,
    I don’t think The extension you mentioned above related to this issue. I believe that the extension is to force GEOTheme template files instead of the theme’s template files.

If you email me the theme ( zip file ) I will install it on my test site and look for the issue.

If so please email it to info@geomywp.com

Thank you.

thibaud
    Participant

Ok, email sent.

thibaud
    Participant

1 – Actually that code in my X child theme function.php is breaking the menu config page ONLY when geomywp is activated:

2 – The category page is broken even with X only activated (no child theme) ONLY when geomywp is activated

Hope that helps.
    Can you reproduce the issue ?

thibaud
    Participant

Well that was the code :
    // Accept shortcodes everywhere
    add_filter( ‘term_description’, ‘shortcode_unautop’);
    add_filter( ‘term_description’, ‘do_shortcode’ );

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Apologies on the delay.

I installed the theme but didn’t see the issue. I am now going to install the child theme and add the hooks that you mentioned.

I will get back to you. Thank you for the info.

thibaud
    Participant

Strange.. even the category page ?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi,
    I still can’t duplicate the issue.

Private Content Hidden

thibaud
    Participant

Hmm, i’ve switched to défault Ethos child theme and even with all plugins desactivated I can’t see my categories. Even with Twenty 14.

Just want to make sure : We are talking about de backend category page right ?

thibaud
    Participant

Okay their is a conflict with SEO WordPress by Yoast. Could you please try again ?

thibaud
    Participant

Well by saving again the Permalink page from Yoast plugin it fixed the issue.

Was the option to strip the word “Category” from the permalinks.

But also I’ve changed the domain name a few times, and i guess that was the problem.

Sorry for your time.

Thibaud

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Not a problem at all but I am glad you sorted it out.

And thank you for the recent purchases.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘Beta Testing’ is closed to new topics and replies.