Forum: Global Maps

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Global Maps premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Buddypress Groups not functioning in Global Maps search form

Home Forums Global Maps Buddypress Groups not functioning in Global Maps search form

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Marc Bruce
    Participant

Hey there,

I’ve recently purchased:

Geo Members Directory
      Premium SettingsXprofile Fields
      Global Maps

and I’ve been trying to set it all up for my site but I’ve run into a roadblock. The global maps form I’ve created is not reading from the buddypress groups when I select them in the options:

bp

When I go to the do the search on the page with this form it will display the results as normal when this is not ticked but then as soon as it is ticked it shows no results at all.

Also, if you could help me with one little formatting issue I’d really appreciate it as I can’t find the spot in the CSS to fix this. I would like to add a space between the label and the data as well as make the label bold. This is within the “yellow” geomywp search result theme.

bp2

Thanks a lot and have a great day,

Kind Regards
    Marc

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Marc,

When I go to the do the search on the page with this form it will display the results as normal when this is not ticked but then as soon as it is ticked it shows no results at all.

The form will show no result only when you enter an address and select the group from the dropdown or will it show no results even if the address field is left blank?

Can you post a link to the live page?

Marc Bruce
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me, yeah on both scenarios no data is displayed. You can try it out here.

See also on that page the spacing issue within the displayed fields I mentioned previously.

Thanks again,

Kind Regards
    Marc

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Thank you Marc,

1) I can’t duplicate this issue on my sites. Is it Possible to provide me with admin access to take a look?

2) As for the formatting issue, the CSS below should add the space you want ( adding it to the stylesheet of your child-theme:

Marc Bruce
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Marc Bruce
    Participant

Bump 🙂

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.

Marc Bruce
    Participant

No worries, thank you for trying to get to the bottom of this. I appreciate it!

Private Content Hidden

Marc Bruce
    Participant

Hi Again Eyal, did you manage to get into the FTP?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Thanks Marc,
    I got it and I am going to look into it.

I will keep you updated.

Marc Bruce
    Participant

Thanks Eyal!

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

OK Marc, I think I finally found the problem.

Do you have a custom database prefix set for your site?

In one of the search queries i referred to the table name as “wp_bp_groups_members” instead of {$wpdb->prefix}bp_groups_members. Once I changed it the group filter started working.

Please give it a try and let me know if its ok.

Thanks,

Marc Bruce
    Participant

Woohoo!

Yeah I do have a prefix for the WP db. Which file do I edit to correct this?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

At this point You don’t need to change anything. I already made the changes directly on your site.

Marc Bruce
    Participant

Ok great! Thanks a lot for sorting that out Eyal.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.