Forum: Gravity Geolocation

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Gravity Geolocation premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Bug? When form is saved, the address field goes blank

Home Forums Gravity Geolocation Bug? When form is saved, the address field goes blank

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Byran Newell
    Participant

My form uses the gravity forms save and continue later feature.

My form is broken up into different pages. When the user clicks “next” or “previous”, the info is saved. When they press “submit” the info is submitted to me. Standard stuff.

Once an address (with google autocomplete turned on) is entered, it’s saved in the database. After that form is submitted to me, the GeoCoder field has the results of that entry. Let’s call it field ID 188.

The problem? The address field which takes the entry, field ID 189, does NOT keep the data. When submitted to me, the field is blank. Reviewing the saved results before submitting shows no data.

I can mirror that data from the geocoder to another field and that will show up correctly. Doesn’t help anything, but I’m mentioning it in the interest of being thorough. I’m using the latest version of the plugin with the versions of things below:
    PHP Version 7.0.8
    MySQL Version 5.5.5
    WordPress Version 4.5.3
    Gravity Forms Version 1.9.17.5

Private Content Hidden

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Byran,
    I apologize for missing out your post.

Looking at your site it seems that you are using the Advanced address field ( of gravity forms ) by hiding all the address fields leaving only the address autocomplete field to be used by the user. Using it this way won’t work for what you need. The address autocomplete fields of the advanced address field is dynamic, and its data is not being store anywhere. That is why when navigating between the pages the value of the field disappear.

Instead, you should use the address field from the “Geolocation Fields” groups. This way you can have the address autocomplete feature and the value of the field won’t be gone when navigating between the pages.

I hope that helps.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

This topic marked “Resolved” due to inactivity. If you are still having issues with the above please open a new support ticket.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Bug? When form is saved, the address field goes blank’ is closed to new replies.