Forum: Gravity Geolocation

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Gravity Geolocation premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Bulk Get Address

Home Forums Gravity Geolocation Bulk Get Address

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Pothecary 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Andrew Pothecary
    Participant

Hi,
    I have many 1000s of custom posts using pronamic google maps.
    I have successfully imported all the lat and long data into Geo My WP – so all good.

However, I have a lot of “Location found but the address is missing”.

If I enter each post I can click the Get Address button:
    https://www.evernote.com/l/ABUqDE8N2HpIFIRph1K5U7FZhyMh0mz0-U4

Can I do this as a bulk action?
    Get all addresses from the Latitude / Longitude?

Also, is there a meta field where the full address is saved as one line of text?

I want to use the post update plugin: Gravity Forms: Post Updates, and it needs the custom field set in GF to retrieve the data.

thanks

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Andrew,
    Unfortunately, there isn’t a bulk geocoder feature yet. You will need to write a custom script that will search the database for missing locations, loop through the locations, grab the coordinates of each location, geocode the coordinates and saved the data in GEO my WP database table.

Also, is there a meta field where the full address is saved as one line of text?

No, GEO my WP saved the geolocation data in its own database table.

How did you import the existing locations? these location did not have the address but only coordinates?

Andrew Pothecary
    Participant

Hi,
    Ok, I won’t be able to do that…

Lots of the post have be geo located using pronamic google maps and frontend user pro. However, it was only ever saving the geo coordinates. not the actual address.

If I use Gravity Forms: Post Updates the address field is blank when they update the post.

Best

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.