Forum: Feature Requests

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Feature Requests premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

Bulk upload

Home Forums Feature Requests Bulk upload

This topic contains 17 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Kyle Rollins 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Joseph Barrett
    Participant

OH OK!
    6) go back to step 3) and click “import” and it will import all customer field data IN TO the GEO MY WP database and save it.

My only question is, each time I click import will it affect any of the old posts i made or once a post is mapped with a post ID it is overlooked?

I noticed that you don’t need to open each post and save it, it is automatically copied to the GEO database, correct?

Great plugin thanks!

Joseph Barrett
    Participant

1. Find a post importer plugin, like real simple csv importer
    2. Save a spreadsheet as an msdos .csv with header rows for your taxonomies,post info etc and a column for lat and one for long
    3.Import using the plugin
    4. Go to GEOmywp tools Set custom fields in “Import Posts Types Locations Using Custom post_meta”
    5.Process the custom field info to the geomywp database, now your posts have coords in them

Note: use an address column to add an address to posts, just using coords will not populate an address like manually entering the coords will.

Kyle Rollins
    Participant

I have multiple custom fields in my spreadsheet to import, but not sure on how to go about adding these to my site so I can select them in step 5 so they are mapped…?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.