Forum: Beta Testing

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons please use the support forum.

[Resolved]Can't make Google Map work

Home Forums Beta Testing Can't make Google Map work

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Renato Saboya
    Participant

Hello!
    I’m trying to do a simple form with a map with which the user can pinpoint a location. This location would then be registered in the form entry as a combination of latitude and longitude.

Nevertheless, although the form is submitted and apparently everything is normal, when I look at the entry there is the message “Map not available” under the map field and no coordinates.

What am I doing wrong?

I created a form from scratch, enabled single field address, and then added a “Google Map” Field. The map shown on the page, but no location is registered.

I tried in Firefox, Chrome and Opera, to no avail. I also disabled all other plugins, but it still didn’t work

Thanks for your help!

P.S. I tried just now to create another form and enable Geofields, but its option does not show under the form configuration.

Private Content Hidden

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Renato,
    Looks like you are using version 2.0 beta of the plugin. Since version 2.0 beta 15 the plugin’s structure changed and the geolocation configurations were removed from the settings page.

Please read this post about the changes made in version 2.0 beta 15 and here you can find the detailed documentation for this version.

Basically, you need to sync your map and address field to the geocoder field in order for it to work. You can learn about that in the docs page.

Let me know if that helps.

Renato Saboya
    Participant

Worked like a charm. Thank you very much!

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

You are very welcome. I am glad I could help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Beta Testing’ is closed to new topics and replies.