GEO my WP Support

Use this forum for technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons only. For technical support and general questions related to any of the premium extensions please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Categories + Location

Home Forums Support Categories + Location

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ssukdev
    Participant

Hi,
    I am setting up a Classifed site using the ReHub theme.
    I want the search bar to show categories and location (countries).
    How can I do that with the Geo my WP plugin?
    Thank you.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi,

You need to create a Posts Locator search form using GEO my WP forms builder ( see this page ).

You can display categories and an address field in the search form by default, but not countries.

ssukdev
    Participant

Dear Eyal,
    Thank you for your reply.
    Couldn’t I use this extension to add countries as a drop down menu on the search bar? https://geomywp.com/extensions/taxonomy-locator/

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

@ssukdev,

No, this extension was developed by another developer and is no longer supported ( for the moment ). So it won’t work with GEO my WP 3.0+.

However, you can simply create a new ‘country’ custom taxonomy on your site and assign a country to each location that you create. Then you will be able to add this country taxonomy as a dropdown filter to the search form.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

This topic marked “Resolved” due to inactivity. If you need additional help with the above, please open a new support ticket.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Categories + Location’ is closed to new replies.