Forum: Groups Locator

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Groups Locator premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]component slug

Home Forums Groups Locator component slug

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Santi Azpilicueta
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

Is there any way that the component slug can be changed from ‘gmw-group-location’ to something more intuitive like ‘locations’?

Thank you.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Santi,
    At the moment you will need to edit a core file and change it manually. I can tell you which file and where to change it. That’s until the next release of the plugin when I will either change the slug or add a filter that will allow to change it easily.

Santi Azpilicueta
    Participant

Thanks Eyal. I already know which file and I will add a temporary filter for it there. 🙂

Another question, if you don’t mind. It seems that if I create a global groups map, the custom template files do not work. For example, I have place a custom search form in: mythemefolder/geo-my-wp/global-maps/groups/search-forms/ and selected it in the form options in the back-end, but when I look at the map on the front-end, the search form is missing.

Thank you.

Santi Azpilicueta
    Participant

Just discovered that if I place the custom template in mythemefolder/geo-my-wp/groups/search-forms/ it works, but then the template option is missing in the back-end. So I have to have it in both locations for it to work. I think this is a code bug with global maps. It’s the same bug with posts global maps also. I would appreciate it if you could look into it.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Santi,
    I am going to look into the Groups template file issue and get back to you.

Thanks,

Santi Azpilicueta
    Participant

Great, thank you.

Going back to the original question, I noticed that when I changed the slug definition in gmw-gl-component-extension.php, line 26, I am no longer able to save a group’s location in the front end. Must also be a bug.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

You are welcome Santi.

Going back to the original question, I noticed that when I changed the slug definition in gmw-gl-component-extension.php, line 26, I am no longer able to save a group’s location in the front end. Must also be a bug.

IT’s not a bug. You need to edit the file gmw-groups-locator/assets/js/geocoder.js and replace all the ‘gmw-group-location’ with your new slug. There are 3 or 4 places you need to change it. Then save the file, minify it and save it as geocoder.min.js ( you don’t have to minify, you can just copy paste the new code from geocoder.js to geocoder.min.js ).

I hope that helps.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.