Forum: WP Users Geolocation

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the WP Users Geolocation premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Current location on home page map when opening (automatic)

Home Forums WP Users Geolocation Current location on home page map when opening (automatic)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

drschlund
    Participant

Dear Eval,

I just downloaded your plugin GEO my WP and bought the add-on KLEO geolocation for it. I have some questions about the plugin and how to get a workaround.

For my site (www.beersunderthirty.com), which is running on a KLEO theme, I just simply want to display the current user location on the map which the Front Page is containing.

-> The user opens the website
    -> the browser is supposed to ask whether it can share the current user location
    -> A location marker should suppose to appear on the map which is there already on the front page.

The front page is the regular GD HOME from the Kleo Theme (Directory).

Could you just assist me with some words what to do?

Thanks a lot in advance

Dr. Schlund

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Dr. Schlund and thank you for the purchase.

To display a map with the user’s current location on it you can use the Current Location widget/shortcode. I am not sure how the home page is setup but you can most likely use the shortcode:

where you want the map to show on the page.

To use the shortcode you first need to activate the Current Location core add-on ( admin dashboard -> GEO my WP -> Add-ons ). You should also navigate to GEO my WP Settings page and check the “Auto Locator” checkbox so the plugin will automatically look for the user’s location when first visiting the page.

You can learn more about the current location shortcode here.

I hope that helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Current location on home page map when opening (automatic)’ is closed to new replies.