Forum: Premium Settings

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Premium Settings premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Custom Map Markers

Home Forums Premium Settings Custom Map Markers

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  thad 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Diego Crescini
    Participant

Hello, i just buy and activate “Premium Settings” addon for use different Map icon marker for my different post type. In the setting page i can select my different PNG for a different Post type as i see in the Premium settings page, but when i insert my Map in a website, The map continues to display default Map Marker.
    Map need a shortcode for display custom marker?
    Help me please.
    Thanks

Diego

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Diego and thank you for the purchase.

Have you set the form to display the map icons per post type? You need to do so in the form editor under the “Map” tab in the “Map Icon” settings.

Diego Crescini
    Participant

I use this shortcode for display map and not use form. how i can set custom map icon marker in the shortcode? I use nearby location.

[gmw_nearby_locations element_id=”234″ nearby=”user” show_map=”true” show_locations_list=”false” get_directions=”Ottieni indicazioni” units=”kilometers” post_types=”mypost1,mypost2,mypost3″ results_count=”1000″ map_height=”600px”]

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Diego,
    Unfortunately, Nearby Locations is not yet integrates with Premium Settings add-on. At the moment, it is only possible to apply the map icons feature to GEO my WP search forms. Nearby Locations integration with Premium Settings add-on will be only available after the release of Geo my WP 3.0.

However, if you are comfortable with editing a core file, I can provide you with a few lines of code to add to a single core file. These lines of code will replace the Nearby Locations map icons with the Post Type icons you setup in the Premium Settings.

Let me know if you’d like to do that and I will guide you through it.

Diego Crescini
    Participant

Hello, I need use premium setting with nearby locations. Send me everything i need to do for use it. I pay for that Add-on for nearby location.
    I think that must explain that Premium setting is not compatible with NearbyLocation.

I wait code for setup icon marker in Nearby Location.
    Thanks

Diego

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Diego,

Please follow the steps below:

1) Open the file gmw-nearby-location/includes/gmw-nearby-posts-class.php

2) Go to line 321 which should be:

and just below add the script:

3) Go to line 368 which should be:

and just below enter the script:

4) save the file and give it a try.

Let me know if that works.

Diego Crescini
    Participant

it works!!! Love it! now i must set correct dimension. Thanks
    I hope you can update nearby location with this feature!

Thanks
    Diego

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

You are very welcome Diego. I am glad it worked.

This feature will definitely be added to the Nearby Locations. But that will happened after the major update of GEO my WP 3.0 and the add-on. Until then, you can safely use the script above.

thad
    Participant

We’re considering purchasing the Premium Settings Addon and had a couple questions.

1) Is there a way to edit the global pin without the addon?
    2) If we use the addon to select custom pins, can we still retain the numbers on the pins?

Thank you!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Custom Map Markers’ is closed to new replies.