GEO my WP Support

Use this forum for technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons only. For technical support and general questions related to any of the premium extensions please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Custom woocommerce product category search button

Home Forums Support Custom woocommerce product category search button

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Arnab Mukherjee
    Participant

Hi Eyal, first of all thank you so much for creating such an awesome plugin. I am creating a multi-vendor e-commerce website and using Geo my WP so that customers can find products that are nearby to them. I was wondering if it is possible to create buttons which show search results of only a specific woocommerce product category and within a given distance to the users current location . For example- there will be buttons for different product categories, when a button is clicked it takes the user to the results page which shows post results of only that specific product category based on the users current location and a specified distance. Thank You

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Arnab, and thank you for the feedback.

What you described is possible, but requires custom coding.

You can create a search form and set up its Page Load Results tab to show locations based on the user’s location on page load. You can also set the distance.

As for the categories, you need to pass the category value form the button via a URL parameter. Then you need to modify the WP_Query of that form to filter results based on the value of the category from the URL.

This is possible but requires development skill.

I hope this helps.

Arnab Mukherjee
    Participant

Thank you so much. I am new to wordpress i know a little bit of PHP, I can make small modifications if i get the exact instructions or steps to follow. Would if be possible for you to point me towards a step by step approach that i could take to achieve this. Thank you once again.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

@arnab,

Unfortunately, there isn’t a simple solution that I can provide you with via this forum. This requires modification of the template files with the custom button and debugging.

This is something that I ( or other developers ) should be able to create as custom work if you are interested.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

This topic marked “Resolved” due to inactivity. If you need additional help with the above, please open a new support ticket.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Custom woocommerce product category search button’ is closed to new replies.