Forum: Groups Locator

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Groups Locator premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Database config and field length

Home Forums Groups Locator Database config and field length

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Mirko Lindner
    Participant

Hi there,

first of all congrats on the plug-in itself, great work!

I just set it up and it delivers what it promises.

Just one small thing, I had to fight with getting my groups’ locations set up etc. because of the underlying restrictions of the database columns.

If you try and add a location in Berlin Germany, WP will silently fail because the “State” returned by the Google API is “Berlin” and therefore longer than 5 chars, which is the maximum in the database model.

I have created a temporary version for my site, but I think it would be good to address this globally and maybe also check with the WP developers if there is a better way to handle things like this then just raising an error. (Maybe you could truncate all entries to the maximum length prescribed by the DB model?)

Regards

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Mirko,
    Thank you for the purchase and the feedback.

Thank you also for spotting this issue. The column size should be 50 and not 5 and I am not sure when I accidentally changed that in the script. Also, 2 days ago I was working on another user’s site for 2 hours trying to figure out why the groups location is not being saved. I guess that I now know why.

I will work on a fix and release a new version ASAP.

Thanks again,

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Mirko,
    Just to let you know that I have released a new version of the Groups Locator add-on a couple of days ago. The new version fixes the “state” column size to 50. That also fixed the issue for another user.

Thanks again for the help above.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.