Forum: Geo Members Directory

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Geo Members Directory premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Does GEO MY WP only work with https?

Home Forums Geo Members Directory Does GEO MY WP only work with https?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fgour999 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

fgour999
    Participant

I tried different browsers with GEO My WP and I always get “geolocation access denied”. Other websites can access my location without problems. Thanks

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Since April 20 of this year Google disabled the geolocation feature in Chrome browser for non secured pages ( read here ). That means that if there no SSL installed on your site and a user visit your site via Chrome, he will see the “Geolocation acceded denied” when trying to use the locator button ( or when the plugin automatically uses the auto locator ).

However, that is not the case for the other browsers. If you get the “Geolocation acceded denied” message when trying to use the locator button it means that your browser is either set to automatically deny the geolocator access or that you checked the “remember my choice for one day” checkbox when the browser first tried to access to your location. If that is the case you need to reset the browser geolocation settings.

I hope that helps.

fgour999
    Participant

Thanks Eyal, I want to use your pluggin with a classified ads pluggin such as “another wordpress classified ads pluggin” . If a user creates a classified ads will that be considered a “post” by wordpress and GEOmyWP ? Do I need an add on ? The ultimate goal is to be able to see the location a specific classified ad relative to the position of the viewer of the ad.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.