GEO my WP Support

Use this forum for technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons only. For technical support and general questions related to any of the premium extensions please open a new premium support ticket.

[Not resolved]Does member proximity search use database or Google Maps API

Home Forums Support Does member proximity search use database or Google Maps API

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jconder
    Participant

I’m using your plugin in a membership wordpress site, using BuddyPress, which may have a large number of members. On the Members Directory page I’m including a distance proximity search for nearby members. I’m concerned that if a call is made to the Google Maps API to determine the distance to each member, the costs will be huge. So, I need to know if distance is calculated using the latitude/longitude coordinates stored in the database for each member or does it make calls to the Google Maps API to determine distance? Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.
    John Conder.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi John,

The plugin does not use Google API to calculate the distance to each user. The distance is being calculated via PHP and using the set coordinates of each member that are stored in the locations DB table of the plugin.

I hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.