Forum: Xprofile Fields

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Xprofile Fields premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Drop Down List box for Search on Checkbox XProfile field

Home Forums Xprofile Fields Drop Down List box for Search on Checkbox XProfile field

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

softdesigns
    Participant

Hello-

We have an XProfile field “Primary Role” which can have multiple values per member. We’d like to have the members fill out the information using checkboxes format so that they can check more than one value, but we’d like the search to use a Drop Down Select format for the same XProfile field. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for your always helpful response!

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Unfortunately, this is not possible out of the box. You will need to modify a core file in order to accomplish that. I can possibly guide you to the solution which you will need to apply after each update of the plugin.

softdesigns
    Participant

Yes, we would like your guidance in how to create this solution. In fact, we would like to apply the solution to more than one XProfile field. We understand that we will have to apply the solution after each update of plugin. What is the next step?

Thanks so much.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Try the below:

Open the file geo-my-wp/plugins/friends/includes/gmw-fl-template-functions.php

and above line 42 which should be:

add the script

Then save the file and test it.

Let me know if that helps.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

This topic marked “Resolved” due to inactivity. If you wish to reply to this topic please change its status to “Not resolved”  before replying.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.