Forum: Kleo Geolocation

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Kleo Geolocation premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Dropdown menu problem

Home Forums Kleo Geolocation Dropdown menu problem

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

lash411
    Participant

There seems to be an issue with the following theme and plugins:
    Theme: Kleo
    Plugins: WPGeoDirectory which has an add-on specific to Kleo theme and Geodirectory which also

I don’t think Geodirectory and WPGeoDirectory are playing nice with each other because when I deactivate WPGeoDirectory, my Geodirectory dropdowns return to normal.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Lash,
    I am bit confused, by “WPGeoDirectory” do you mean GEO my WP plugin?

lash411
    Participant

Yes, sorry, GEOmyWP and GeoDirectory aren’t working together.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Thank you, I assumed so.

Unfortunately, both GEO my WP and GEO Directory are Google Maps based plugin and so, conflicts are expected. It is not always recommended to use Multiple Google Maps plugin on a site because of the conflicts, but many times these conflicts can be taken care of.

There were other users who reported such conflicts in the past and as much as I know the GEO Directory team helped them with the issues. Have you tried to contact the developers of GEO Directory plugin to see if they already have a solution for the issues that you are experiencing?

lash411
    Participant

Yes, they said:
    it seems like it’s GeoMyWp causing the problem, not GeoDirectory, did you ask for support to its author?

I’ve also given them your last response. I’ve also noticed the GeoMyWP plugin also affects Geodirectory dropdown menus behind the scenes in WordPress Dashboard, for example the Permalinks settings page dropdown menus is presenting the same problem.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

it seems like it’s GeoMyWp causing the problem, not GeoDirectory, did you ask for support to its author?

Well, there is no one plugin to point the blame on. It is simply a conflict between two plugins. It could be a conflict between JavaScript files, stylesheet and so on.

If you can post a link to the live page with the conflict I will take a look and see if I can see any error that might help in finding the issue.

lash411
    Participant

This is the fix to paste into the Child theme:
    //fixes for geo my wordpress and GD
    remove_action(‘admin_enqueue_scripts’, ‘geodir_admin_scripts’);
    remove_action(‘admin_enqueue_scripts’, ‘geodir_admin_styles’);

add_action(‘admin_enqueue_scripts’, ‘geodir_admin_scripts’,7);
    add_action(‘admin_enqueue_scripts’, ‘geodir_admin_styles’,7);

remove_action(‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘geodir_templates_scripts’);
    remove_action(‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘geodir_templates_styles’, 8);

add_action(‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘geodir_templates_scripts’,7);
    add_action(‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘geodir_templates_styles’, 7);

function gd_kelo_dequeue_script() {
    wp_dequeue_script(‘geodirectory-googlemap-script’);
    }
    add_action( ‘wp_print_scripts’, ‘gd_kelo_dequeue_script’, 100 );

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Thank you Lash for posting the solution. It seems familiar, I am pretty sure that I already saw this solution either on this forum or on GEO Directory Forum.

Did this solve all of the issues that you were having?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.