GEO my WP Support

Use this forum for technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons only. For technical support and general questions related to any of the premium extensions please open a new premium support ticket.

[Not resolved]Dynamic search with customized lat and long

Home Forums Support Dynamic search with customized lat and long

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  victorr 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

victorr
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

First of all, I want to thank you for your plugin.

I´m trying to customize some searchs and I want to ask you some help.

I´m trying to use the searching user form not with the saved locations of the users, but with future locations that users could save. It means, i´m going to give the users the option to save their future location and the option to find users by these future location saved. I know the user location is saved in ‘lat’ and ‘long’ fields of ‘wppl_friends_locator’ table, so i have created 2 new fields in this table: ‘future_lat’ and ‘future_long’. Then i have changed the links to database fields in gmw-fl-search-query-class.php (i think this is the file where the query is constructed, as you said in another post): all related to ‘lat’ an ‘long’ fields is now related to ‘future_lat’ and ‘future_long’ fields.

And it works, but not quite: the filter works, the map only return the users with ‘future_lat’ in the area of the selected address, but the users appear located in the orginal location, not using the “future” coordinates.

I think geo-my-wp-sd-class.php is used too for this geolocation, but i don´t know what to do exactly to get the users appear located with the future location that they entered.

Could you give me some help with this?

Thanks,

Victor

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.