Forum: Xprofile Fields

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Xprofile Fields premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Empty Results Page

Home Forums Xprofile Fields Empty Results Page

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Patrick Pachner
    Participant

Hi,

i’ve installed GEO my WP 2.6.4 and GMW Add-on – Xprofile Fields 1.3.1 and want to show buddypress members on the results page from my form search but it always says “No members found”. Even the URL shows the correct field id and there is content there the results are empty.

Any idea?

Thanks
    Patrick

Private Content Hidden

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Patrick and thank you for the purchase.

have your members add/update their location before or after the installation of the Xprofile Fields add-on?
    Note that addresses entered previously the installation of the Xprofile Fields will not be found in GEo my WP search results ( unless entered via GEo my WP Location tab ).

Private Content Hidden

Patrick Pachner
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi patrick,
    Do you still need help with the above?

Patrick Pachner
    Participant

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Patrick Pachner
    Participant

Patrick Pachner
    Participant

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Thank you Patrick.

Looks like the address is not geocoded when a member updates his profile page, so the location is not being saved in GEO my WP database. That’s why the members are not showing in search results.

The most common cause for this issue us OVER QUERY LIMIT error returned by Google API.

The new version of the Xprofile Fields add-on should take care of the OVER QUERY LIMIT issue, if that’s the case for you.

Please go to Your Account page and download Xprofie Fields version 1.4 beta 1 and install it on your site. Please remember to first uninstall the current version of Xprofile Fields that you are using.

Once version 1.4 is installed and activated the members of your site will need to updated their profile page in order for the address to be geocoded. You can also do it for them as an admin from the back-end or the front-end. Just navigate to the Edit profile page of the members and click “update”.

After updating the members profile try the search again.

I would have tested it but I couldn’t install the new version on your site since it is a password protected.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Patrick Pachner
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

the xprofile search is now working but not the location search…

Thanks
    Patrick

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick,

Please navigate to admin dashboard -> GEO my WP -> Settings -> General Settings tab and check the “Client-side Geocoder” checkbox. Click “Save Changes” and try the search again.

Thanks,

Patrick Pachner
    Participant

Perfect! Thanks a lot for your help.

Patrick

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

You are very welcome, I am glad I could help.

I am marking this topic resolved. Please feel free to start a new topic if you have any other issues or questions.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.