Forum: Geo Members Directory

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Geo Members Directory premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Exclude based on profile-image and Xprofile fields

Home Forums Geo Members Directory Exclude based on profile-image and Xprofile fields

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

David Boll
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve purchased the Xprofile Fields – up to 3 Sites and Exclude Members – Up to 3 Sites and I have a couple of questions;

1. Can I exclude members based on if they have uploaded a profile-image or not? If not, do you know of any plugin that can work with GMW to achieve this?

2. I have installed the Buddypress Xprofile Custom Fields Type to extend the functionality of the Buddypress Xprofile-fields, but when I choose one of the new options in the GMW form settings, the Custom post type selector for example. It doesn’t show up in my filters when I search for members. Does the Xprofile Fields add-on only support the original buddypress xprofile-fields?

If so can I change something in the code to include the new options?

Thank you in advanced!

Private Content Hidden

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello David and thank you for the kind purchases.

1)

Can I exclude members based on if they have uploaded a profile-image or not? If not, do you know of any plugin that can work with GMW to achieve this?

Unfortunately, this is not possible with the add-on at the moment. I am also not aware of any plugin that will do that. It it most likely possible using some filters provided by the plugin, but it will require a custom function to be written which will modify the search query and look for members who uploaded avatar only.

2)”Does the Xprofile Fields add-on only support the original buddypress profile-fields?”

I just installed the Buddypress Xprofile Custom Fields types plugin and indeed it seems that it doesn’t work with GEO my WP at the moment. I will look into it during the weekend and see if I can come with a solution that will integrate this plugin.

I will keep you updated.

David Boll
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

Thanks for the quick reply! Ok, I’ll figure something out with the whole profile-image thing.

It would be awesome it you could solve the custom Xprofile issue!

When I have your attention, is it possible to edit the “Keyword field” in the search form to search for a different field? I have a field that is named “About”. It would be great if I could search that field instead of the “member’s name”. Is it as simple as editing a single file? If so, which file?

All the best //David

David Boll
    Participant

Hi again,

One more thing, is i possible to link the search-results to the Pop-up window instead of to the members buddypress profil-page?

So that the Pop-up window appears both when I click on the member on the map and in the search-result?

Thanks //David

David Boll
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

Did you find a solution for integrating the Buddypress Xprofile Custom Fields types plugin?

Thanks /David

David Boll
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

I suppose you have a lot on your plate, but I would really appreciate an answer regarding the “Buddypress Xprofile Custom Fields types plugin”.

If there’s nothing you can do I’ll have to come up with another solution for my client =\

Thanks /David

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

HI David,
    I truly apologize for missing out this topic. I haven’t receive notifications for your new replies.

It would be awesome it you could solve the custom Xprofile issue!

I have already looked into that. It is possible to add support for the Buddypress Xprofile Custom Fields Type plugin but it requires a good amount of work. For the moment, I only added the support for the Custom Post Type select box. I will release an update by tomorrow which includes the support for this field together with a few bugs fix. In future updates I will add the support for additional fields.

When I have your attention, is it possible to edit the “Keyword field” in the search form to search for a different field? I have a field that is named “About”. It would be great if I could search that field instead of the “member’s name”.

It is probably possible if modifying the plugin’s query. However, why would you want to do that if you can add the “About” field to the search form’s filters as well? Unless I am missing something?!?!

One more thing, is i possible to link the search-results to the Pop-up window instead of to the members buddypress profil-page?

It is possible but will also require some kind of a work around. I believe that you will have to edit a core file but I am not sure. I can look into that once I am done with the update that I am currently working on.

Again, I apologize for my delayed reply. It was unintentional.

David Boll
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

No worries, did you release the update with support for the “Custom Post Type select box”? I haven’t seen any updates in my admin yet.

The other things I was wondering about isn’t important really. As long as I can use the Custom Post Type select box I’m good 🙂

Thanks!

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi David,
    Yes, I have released the new version with the support for the cusp post types select box. Please update your plugin and let me know if it works.

Please note that this was my first attempt to get the integration with Buddypress Xprofile Custom Fields types plugin working. So if there are any issues just let me know and I will look into it.

Thanks,

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi David,
    Just checking if the integration in the new version works.

David Boll
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

Sorry for not responding sooner. The first attempt seems to work, however the name of the type of filter is shown.

Is it just me or do you get the same? See attached image.

Can I hide it somehow?

All the best /David

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi David,
    This was a debugging text that I forgot to remove. However, I already released a new version which should take care of this issue. Please update your GEO my WP plugin, if you haven’t done so already, and let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

David Boll
    Participant

The update worked perfectly, thank you Eyal!

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

You are very welcome David.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.