Forum: Exclude Members

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Exclude Members premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Excluding Most Roles Stops Form Loading

Home Forums Exclude Members Excluding Most Roles Stops Form Loading

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Phill Healey
    Participant

If I exclude any of the default WordPress roles (excluding Administrator) the search form displays incorrectly and none of the rest of the page displays.

So if exclude ‘Contributor’, ‘Editor’, ‘Subscriber’ &/or ‘Author’ the search form displays without any styling, the map fails to load, no page template or content displays beyond the form, and FireBug reports a 500 error. However, if I exclude the ‘Administrator’ role or any of the custom roles, the form, map and page content display as desired without error.

Phill Healey
    Participant

It sounds like I am experiencing the same issue as described here: https://geomywp.com/forums/topic/excluding-a-user-breaks-the-layout-and-look-of-the-form/

However, it looks like that user never got a resolution to her issue, and there was no follow up from the support staff here at GEOmyWP.

Phill Healey
    Participant

So, I updated to the latest version of the exclude members plugin eg version 1.2.2. Now the form displays on the page however the filtering is not working properly at all.

So say for example I exclude no roles/members, I get all users as expected. Now if I change one of the users to have the ‘Author’ / ‘Editor’ or ‘Contributor’ role, and then exclude all other roles from the GEOmyWP search, I get no results.

This plugin just isn’t working at all, and I had to pay for it. Please look into this asap as it is seriously causing issues with the project I am working on, and it’s been more than 24 hours since I started this thread and I’ve not had a response from support.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Phill,

I do apologize for the issue you are having with the plugin.

I am already working on a fix and will upload a new version very soon.

The issue seem to be with the users role cache not being cleared when changing a user’s role.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

New version uploaded.

Please give it a try and let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Phill Healey
    Participant

If I click any of the roles to exclude and then press save, the page reloads and all the boxes are unchecked again.

Likewise, if I exist the form and return to it, no roles are selected.

This is really not looking good.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Nothing is the admin section was changed in 1.2.3. So if the settings were being saved properly for you in 1.2.2 it should be working now as well.

Have you installed any new plugins that might cause a conflict?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Phill,
    Just checking on this topic. Do you still need help with the above?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

This topic marked “Resolved” due to inactivity. If you wish to reply to this topic please change its status to “Not resolved”  before replying.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.