GEO my WP Support

Use this forum for technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons only. For technical support and general questions related to any of the premium extensions please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Filter by location and other fields

Home Forums Support Filter by location and other fields

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  market81 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

nino_ort
    Participant

Hi!

I am developing a marketplace in woocommerce and I need to filter products by location and other regular product fields like category, price, etc.

Is that possible? what extensions I need to do that?

Thanks in advance!

nino_ort
    Participant

Hello? is somebody there?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi nino,

I apologize for the delayed reply.

Yes, with GEO my WP core plugin ( no extension requires ) you can geotag your products ( and any of your post types ). Then you can create a proximity search form, using GEO my WP forms builder, to search and find products by address, categories and more.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Kind regards,
    Eyal

nino_ort
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

Using GEO my WP forms builder I am able to filter products by category and location, but no other fields I need such as price.
    It is possible to add price as a field in the search form?

Thanks!

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

If the product price is saved in custom fields, then you should be able to accomplish this using the Premium Settings extension.

Using the extension you can add custom fields as text boxes filters to GEO my WP search form.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

nino_ort
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

I don’t really understand your answer. “Price” is a common field in woocommerce products, not a custom fields.
    What I need is to combine filtering products by geolocation with woocommerce common filters like category, price, product variation, tags, and location…

As is described in this post: https://geomywp.com/forums/topic/filters-in-woocommerce-with-geo-in-my-wp/

I really appreciate a quicker response this time.

Regards

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi,

Most “common” fields are registered by plugins using custom fields.

In general, there are categories and tags which are registered as taxonomies, and other fields usually registered as custom fields.

With WC the price field is a custom field, and product categories, tags, and attributes are custom taxonomies.

So using GEO my WP core plugin you should be able to add categories, tags, and attributes as filters to the search form.

To add the price field ( and other custom fields ) as a filter to the search form you either need the Premium Settings extension or custom code the feature yourself.

I hope this helps.

nino_ort
    Participant

Ok, Eyal!

Thanks for clarifying, I will try the Premium settings extension then.

Thanks again for your explanations!!

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

You are very welcome.

market81
    Participant

Hello, I am from Serbia and I apologize in bad English. I work woocomerce shp and I would like to do a filtering by category and attributes and I know that it can be great, the only problem is that I would attribute with hierarchy like categories

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.