Forum: Bug Reports

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons please use the support forum.

[Resolved]Formidalbe Add On Show ZIP CODE for Autocomplete

Home Forums Bug Reports Formidalbe Add On Show ZIP CODE for Autocomplete

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jeffrey Glickman
    Participant

Hello! finally got the forums working. I am very happy to find your plug-in, but i cannot seem to get the Autocomplete to show the address with the ZIP CODE at the end. It’s only showing “united states”. Please help. I had already manually set up Google Address Autocomplete on Formidable without the plug in and bought the Add On in the hopes it would solve the zip code issue. Any help would be fantastic! Thank you!

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Jeffrey and thank you for the purchase.

I am very happy to find your plug-in, but i cannot seem to get the Autocomplete to show the address with the ZIP CODE at the end. It’s only showing “united states”.

Unfortunately, thats how Google API works; It doesn’t show the zipcode in the suggested results while typing an address. However, once you select an address from the list of results, the zipcode will be available as one of the returned geolocation fields. So, depends on what you are trying to do with the data, you can display the zipcode in a dynamic field, see it in the form entries, save it in custom field and so on.

If you’ll explain me what exactly is that you want to do with the zipcode value, I will probably be able to guide you through.

Jeffrey Glickman
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Jeffrey,

Hello. I’m trying to POPULATE the single-line address field that your formidable add-on provides and be able to have that field do what any other field with data entered can do (store entry, pass entry, show that entry in a view). I just want the full address (ex: 123 Main St, Orlando, FL 33333) and not what’s coming up which is (ex: 123 Main St, Orlando, FL, UNTITED STATES)

That is not possible. The address field will get the value of the address that was selected in the suggested results. However, what you can do is add a hidden field below the address field and have it set to dynamically populate the formatted address value. you can do that using the “Output location field” dropdown menu ( in the field options ) and by setting the Geocoder ID to the same geocoder that the address field uses. This way when a visitor enters or selects an address, the hidden field will be dynamically populated with the formatted address. The formatted address will include the zipcode, if exists, based on the address that was entered.

i thought it would be easier to assign autocomplete to a field and be able to control what is ENTERED into the field (making sure the zip code was ENTERED into the field).

That, unfortunately, is not possible. This will required a good amount of work to accomplish.

Jeffrey Glickman
    Participant

hello thanks for your reply. A few things i am very disappointed with. namely #1…i don’t EVER get notified of your responses. hence, i’ve lost 3 days already on this. I do not get it in spam i have checked. I will try your geocoder ID idea. if it doesn’t work i will need a refund. I ONLY purchased this because i thought it would be easier and be able to accomplish what i wasn’t able to manually. I have no use for it otherwise, as i ALREADY have the address autocomplete working manually with formidable, before i bought your plugin. I will update you as to my success with setting the geocoder ID

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Jeffery,
    I apologize for the issues you have been having with the site. A brand new site and a new ticketing system is under development. I myself have been having issues with the notifications system of the forum. Hopefully the new site will be ready soon.

Let me know if the solution I provided you above works.

Thank you!

Jeffrey Glickman
    Participant

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Formidalbe Add On Show ZIP CODE for Autocomplete’ is closed to new replies.