Forum: F.A.Q

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons please use the support forum.

[Not a support question]Front End Integration GEO my WP and Directory Plugin WPMUDEV

Home Forums F.A.Q Front End Integration GEO my WP and Directory Plugin WPMUDEV

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Vindieselwalker 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Because with the new function geocoding is now happening when creating or updating a listing. Older posts did not have their address geocoded when submitted. You will need to update older posts in order for the geocoding take place.

You are welcome, I am glad I could help.

Vindieselwalker
    Participant

Help request – looking for a WP dev with GeomyWP experience
    We’re using BuddyPress and GeomyWP to geolocate users and another plugin (User Tags) to add a ‘keywords’ category to users.

A custom taxonomy is created by User Tags and the taxonomy is added to ‘User’. We’d like to query that taxonomy in a GeomyWP form. I’ve gotten as far as identifying the taxonomy name, which is a string, and displaying its terms. On GMW’s side, I’ve created a custom form. Now the task is to add a term as selected by a user from a dropdown of the custom taxonomy to the $gmw argument. The result should display on a map all users who have the searched term in their taxonomy.

So I think there needs to be a select element added to the custom form, and a custom filter added to functions.php.

I’ve tried to add the custom taxonomy as an argument to a query but since the GeomyWP form only takes one argument, $gmw, I think the way it works is a filter needs to add the selected term to $gmw.

Is anyone available with a quote for the task? Thanks!

Vindieselwalker
    Participant

Help request – looking for a WP dev with GeomyWP experience
    We’re using BuddyPress and GeomyWP to geolocate users and another plugin (User Tags) to add a ‘keywords’ category to users.

A custom taxonomy is created by User Tags and the taxonomy is added to ‘User’. http://techgeniuszone.com/ We’d like to query that taxonomy in a GeomyWP form. I’ve gotten as far as identifying the taxonomy name, which is a string, and displaying its terms. On GMW’s side, http://techgeniuszone.com/post-for-android/ I’ve created a custom form. Now the task is to add a term as selected by a user from a dropdown of the custom taxonomy to the $gmw argument. The result should display on a map all users who have the searched term in their taxonomy.

So I think there needs http://movieseriesworld.com/ to be a select element added to the custom form, and a custom filter added to functions.php.

I’ve tried to add the custom taxonomy as an argument to a query but since the GeomyWP form only takes one argument, $gmw, I think the way it works is a filter needs to add the selected term to $gmw.

Is anyone available with a quote for the task? Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.