Forum: Kleo Geolocation

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Kleo Geolocation premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Geo search with xprofile fields filter

Home Forums Kleo Geolocation Geo search with xprofile fields filter

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kida 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Kida
    Participant

Hello team!

I have the Kleo theme and wanted to buy the Kleo Geolocation add-on, but reading through the forum I understand that it’s not compatible with BP Profile search.
    I’ve also seen that it should be in a future development.
    My questions, do you have an idea on when it will be compatible with BP profile search?
    In the meanwhile, is there any other add-on I could purchase that would allow me to filter members by location (or range etc) AND by other xprofile fields (favorite color, gender etc) on the same form?
    Thanks in advance

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Kida,

Unfortunately, I don’t know when the integration with BP Search Profile will be ready. I need to finish the development of GEO my WP 3.0 before I can start working on other integrations. And GEO my WP 3.0 is still at least a couple months away ( maybe more ).

For now, you can use GEO my WP’s form’s builder ( no premium add-on is required ) to create a Members Locator form which can include an address field, radius and any of your xprofile fields. And you can place the form on any page using a shortcode. The only thing you might need to do is style the search form and search results template files to match the look of the Kleo theme.

Let me know if that helps or if you have any other questions.

Kida
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

Thanks for your response!
    Just one question, when I try to create a form as you advised, not all the xprofile fields are there, only the ones from the Base group. Is there a way I can add the xprofile fields from the other groups?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

You are welcome Kida.

This should not be the case. You should see all the existing xprofile fields, from all groups, when creating a GEO my WP search form. Unless, are you using another plugin to create the xprofile fields?

Kida
    Participant

I’m using BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Fields Type and Conditional Profile Fields for BuddyPress and it seems to create a conflict…I’ll try to look for an alternative, do you know if Geo my WP is compatible with Gravity form? If I map the xprofile fields to gravity form fields, would that work?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

HI Kida

I’m using BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Fields Type and Conditional Profile Fields for BuddyPress and it seems to create a conflict

Unfortunately, GEO my WP is not yet compatible with those plugins. Actually, just about a couple of weeks ago another user asked about integration with BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Fields Type. And I did add the support for only the “select custom post type” field of that plugin, for now. I will most likely add the full support for the plugin when GEO my WP 3.0 is released. It is possible to integrate GEO my WP and BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Fields Type plugin but requires a good amount of work. If you know PHP you might be able to do it yourself. As for “Conditional Profile Fields for BuddyPress” plugin, I don’t think I will look into integrating GEO my WP with it since the plugin was last updated 2 years ago. So It was mosts likely abandoned by the developer.

do you know if Geo my WP is compatible with Gravity form? If I map the xprofile fields to gravity form fields, would that work?

Do you mean to be able to use Gravity forms to search for GEO my WP location? If so, that is not yet possible, unfortunately. But this is as well on my long to do list.

The problem is that I am a single developer working on GEO my WP. So I do my best to release new features, bugs fix and support as fast as I can.

Kida
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

Thanks for your answer, unfortunately my php knowledge won’t allow me to do that, I’ll try to find an alternative.

As for Conditional profile fields for buddypress, it appears as 2 years old on the wordpress repository but it’s in fact maintained by the buddydev guys, and I believe this is quite used by the buddypress community, it’s available there : https://buddydev.com/plugins/conditional-profile-fields-for-buddypress/

I understand you’re very busy, so good luck with the work ahead of you 🙂

Kida
    Participant

Hey Eyal,

Sorry to bother you, I have one last question, if I did want to add support for the xprofile fields myself, which template would I need to modify? Any way you could give me the solution you gave to the other user (select custom post type) so that I can see how you did it?

Thanks in advance

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Kida,
    No bother at all.

I did not provide the other user with a solution. I added the support for “select custom post type” to GEO my WP plugin.

The file I updated, and the one that you should look into, is geo-my-wp/plugins/friends/includes/gmw-fl-template-functions.php

Here you can see, highlighted in green ( starting from where it says “field belong to Buddypress Xprofile Custom Fields Type plugin” ), the changes I made to the file in order to add the support for the custom post type field.

It can be a bit challenging but can be done. That is why I only added the support for one field at the moment. I will need a few hours ( maybe more ) to add the support for all fields.

Which fields specifically are you using from Buddypress Xprofile Custom Fields Type plugin plugin?

Kida
    Participant

Thanks for your answer Eyal!
    The past few weeks I’ve been learning php through all my research and I was hoping I could try myself…maybe i’m too much of an optimistic!
    I still have this conflict issue with the conditional profile field plugin so I don’t want to take up your time if in the end I don’t manage to find a solution for that.
    I’ll try to solve this problem and see what I can do, but do you mind if I recontact you in case I don’t have a solution?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Kida,

The past few weeks I’ve been learning php through all my research and I was hoping I could try myself…maybe i’m too much of an optimistic!

I wouldn’t say so. Integrating the “Xprofile Custom Fields Type” can be a bit complex. It wasn’t simple for me either and it was only for one field from the plugin. Too completely integrate all the field from the “Xprofile Custom Fields Type” plugin would take me a good amount of time. That is why I hold it until GEO my WP 3.0, assuming that I will need to redo it because of the major changes in version 3.0. Keep practice your PHP, it can be very helpful.

I still have this conflict issue with the conditional profile field plugin so I don’t want to take up your time if in the end I don’t manage to find a solution for that.

Can you please describe the conflict between GEO my WP and conditional profile field plugins?
    ( I am a bit busy at the moment catching up with the support tickets and updates. However, when I get a free moment I will take a look at the “conditional profile field” plugin and see if I can find the issue ).

I’ll try to solve this problem and see what I can do, but do you mind if I recontact you in case I don’t have a solution?

For sure, feel free to contact me regarding any questions or issues that you might have and I will do my best to help.

Kida
    Participant

Thanks for the advice Eyal, It’s a long process and I’m slowly grasping the concept, but I wouldn’t say that I can yet code (I can copy paste pieces together though) 🙂

I made a mistake in the conflict plugin, I found out that it was coming from BP member type generator, which allows you to customize which profile field appears based on the member type selected.
    Only the fields that have not been selected for one of the member type appear in geo my wp (in my case, only the name! :D)

The problem with the conditional profile fields plugin is that geo my wp doesn’t seem to understand the conditional logic. So, even though in the profile, certain fields appear only depending on the selection of the previous field, geo my wp shows them all (once the member type generator plugin is de-activated).

So, in the end, it’s a lot of conflicts and issues! 🙂
    I will not ask you to look into that, it’s probably too complicated and time consuming.
    I will follow the next releases of geo my wp though, to see if one day it becomes compatible.

Thank you very very much for your support and kindness.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Geo search with xprofile fields filter’ is closed to new replies.