GEO my WP Support

Use this forum for technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons only. For technical support and general questions related to any of the premium extensions please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Geofencing capabilitity

Home Forums Support Geofencing capabilitity

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Richard Hunter 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Richard Hunter
    Participant

We use the Geo My WP Gravity Form extension.
    I need the ability to draw a polygon (i.e. of a city boundary limit).
    When the user clicks submit on the Gravity Form (with Get Current location set), it would check to see if the current location is within the Geofence/polygon. If it is, it would allow the request. If it is not, a message would display to the user.
    I found https://fencer.io/ which seems perfect (though the service may not be ready for production – the paid plans say Coming Soon). It lets you define a boundary on a Google Map. You can then use a REST API Get to call https://api.fencer.io/v1.0/position/inside/ with some parameters (i.e. current lat/long coordinates of the user). It returns a JSON True if the coordinates are within the boundary and False if it is outside the boundary.
    Do you have anything like this OR would there be a way to create a custom function that would call the Fencer.io service and
    1) IF the result is True, treat the submission as normal (i.e. submit to Zapier, etc.) or
    2) IF the result is False, simply display a message (i.e. a different message on the confirmation page for the form such as “Your request is outside the city limit. Please contact …”). In this case, other actions such as passing the submission to a defined Zapier hook would NOT but done.
    Maybe if the result is False, it could set a Gravity Form Field (i.e. Within Location) to False and then have Conditional Logic on the Zapier option to ONLY pass to Zapier IF Within Location = True.

If there is not a current way to do this, how much would it cost to provide this capability? Please describe if this would use Fencer.io or your own extension to define the geofences.

Thank you,

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Geofencing capabilitity’ is closed to new replies.