GEO my WP Support

Use this forum for technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons only. For technical support and general questions related to any of the premium extensions please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Google API with multiple map options

Home Forums Support Google API with multiple map options

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

asmiles
    Participant

Hello, I am using GeoMyWp, MaplistPro and Divi Theme on a site. There are 3 possible places to insert the Google API! Plus there is a Google API plugin available for download. So which should I use to place the API in please? All of them, or more than one will bring up an error that the API is used multiple times. I use MaplistPro for displaying location maps, but GeoMyWP for geolocation and location checkin via Gravity Forms and GravityGeo (extension of GeoMyWP). Plus Divi has it’s own option. Is one preferable over another (such as at the theme level or for geolocate) please? Or should I add the API to the header or some other place?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Regardless if you enter the API key in only 1 or in all 3 plugins, the 3 plugins will still register the Google Maps library which will result in a conflict and JavaScript errors.

What you need to do if you want to use all the mapping plugin is to disable the call to Google Maps in all plugins except for one. And in that one plugin you should enter the API key.

– In the latest version of my Gravity Geolocation extension you can disable the Google Maps API key in the Gravity Forms Settings page under the “Geolocation” tab.

– To disable the Google Maps API call made by GEO my WP plugin you can add the below line of code to the functions.php file of your theme:

– I advice you to see if you can disable the map feature of the DIVI theme. Since you can display maps with either GEO my WP or the MaplistPro.

Now, just out of curiosity, why using both GEO my WP and MaplistPro plugins? You can create proximity search forms using GEO my WP plugin as well. Not saying that you shouldn’t use the MaplistPro, but why not picking one of the two? Having to advanced mapping plugins installed on your site can cause many conflicts.

asmiles
    Participant

Hello Eyal, Thanks for the quick reply. I removed map list pro but use it on another site that might require it as it has “get directions” built into it and that is important for that site, so I am also asking for that reason (as I would purchase a another license of GeoMyWP to handle electronic checkin and then may end up having to use both). I notice that GeoMyWP does handle routing and get directions. In looking at GeoMyWP It might handle all of the following?

Get Directions
    Location Marker on Map (single location).
    Geolocate
    Electronic sign-in via GravityGeo

1. The part I don’t understand is creating the GeoMyWP forms? Would this be done as a custom post type, regular post or via gravity forms. Also would the “Types” plugin be able to handle it.

2. I created a post the post id is 25776 I tried to insert a map (post) as a shortcode [gmw_single_location item_type=”post” post_id=”25776″] nothing shows.

3. I feel the documentation is kinda all over the place. Can some videos be put together to make it easier to understand it in a more logical order please with examples?

4. Lets suppose I create a post with a map (image attached) I simply want to be able to place that map as a shortcode (either map or post) within a page. So how do I do that please? Am required to make or use a form, fill the form in and then place that (the completed form) in the page? I see a single post shortcode, but no example as to the rest of the shortcode. What would the rest of it look like please? Like the one I have inserted above? Or does it need to be done some other way. I’d like to be able to use GeoMyWP for all the mapping in my sites, but can’t figure out how to place a simple map with marker into a page as a post or otherwise.

Regards

Al

(attachment post id 25776)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

asmiles
    Participant

I have also tried this and see nothing:

[gmw_single_location item_type=”post” item_id=”25776″ elements=”title,distance,map,address,live_directions,directions_panel”
    ]

asmiles
    Participant

It’s ok… starting to get a handle on it 🙂

[gmw_single_location map=”1″ map_width=”100%” map_height=”450px” additional_info=”0″ directions=”0″]

did it for me, now I can hopefully figure the rest out 🙂

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Asmiles,

I feel the documentation is kinda all over the place. Can some videos be put together to make it easier to understand it in a more logical order please with examples?

I am aware of the messy documentation and I am planning to update it in the future. A major update of GEO my WP is under development and many things are changing. So I will update the docs only after the release of version 3.0.

GeoMyWP It might handle all of the following?
    Get Directions
    Location Marker on Map (single location).
    Geolocate
    Electronic sign-in via GravityGeo

Yes for Get Directions, Location of a single post and geolocate. But I am not sure what you mean by “Electronic sign-in via GravityGeo”.

The part I don’t understand is creating the GeoMyWP forms? Would this be done as a custom post type, regular post or via gravity forms. Also would the “Types” plugin be able to handle it.

This part got nothing to do with Gravity Forms. Using GEO my WP forms builder you can create an advance proximity search forms. Using these forms you can search for any of the geotagged post types of your site based on address, radius, categories and more.

I have also tried this and see nothing:
    [gmw_single_location item_type=”post” item_id=”25776″ elements=”title,distance,map,address,live_directions,directions_panel”
    ]

Regarding the Single Location shortcode; Navigate to the dashboard -> GEO my WP -> Addons -> and activate the Single Location core add-on. By doing so you will be able to use the new features of the single location shortcode/widget as described here.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

This topic marked “Resolved” due to inactivity. If you wish to reply to this topic please change its status to “Not resolved”  before replying.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.