Forum: Kleo Geolocation

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Kleo Geolocation premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Groups locator not working on groups screen

Home Forums Kleo Geolocation Groups locator not working on groups screen

This topic contains 22 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Robin
    Participant

Hi

I’ve had Kleo Geo locate for a few weeks and its been working well. I just noticed that the groups locator works with Kleo now, so I bought the groups locator extension tonight.

i’ve added a location to one of my test groups (Lotus Elise owners), but the groups page does not find the group when I search and the google map shown on the page just sits in the middle of the ocean!

Any ideas?!

Groups

Kleo extension version 1.2.1
    Groups locator version 1.4.3

Regards

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Robin and thank you for the purchases.

Have you updated GEO my WP to its latest version 2.6.5?

Robin
    Participant

Hi

Yes, version 2.6.5 also.

Kleo and groups locator bith activated.

I hope we can find the issue and get this working!

Thanks

Robin
    Participant

Hi

Any ideas? Is it worth me sharing my website details so you can take a look?

Robin
    Participant

Hi
    I’ve paid up the $38 but it isnt doing anything, and support is a bit silent since my reply.

If it is something you arent able to assist with, can I get a refund? But I would really like to get this working as it is just what my site needs!

Thanks

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.

Robin
    Participant

Robin
    Participant

PS

No one is using the site at the minute, so do what you will with it!

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Robin
    Participant

Robin
    Participant

Hi, have you been able to look further yet?

Many thanks

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

I just did. I Tried to find the issue for 2 hours but without success.

For some reason the groups location database table will not ( or will, randomly ) update with the address entered when creating or updating the group location. It could be a conflict with the Caching system that you have installed or with another plugin.

To be able to narrow down the cause for the issue, My advice is to temporary disable the caching system then try to update the location of a group and see if it works. If it doesn’t work try to deactivate the other plugins that you have installed and try again to update a group location.

Let me know if any of the above helps.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Good news Robin.

Thanks to Mirko who reported the issue and cause, I was able to finally fixed it.

I uploaded the new version of the Groups Locator ( with the fix ) to your site and everything seems to work now.

Please give it a try and let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Robin
    Participant

Hi, that is great news! The map is loading ok now. But I am finding buggy behaviour.

I have tried using the search and it doens’t seem to find the groups however. I tried searching for groups within 10 miles of ‘Romford, Great Britain’ and it doesn’t find any. Dagenham is just over 3 miles away.

I also entered ‘elise’ and romford as the location and it doesn’t find any groups either…

Any ideas?

Also clicking into a group and then ‘manage’ throws this error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/n3pnexwpnas01_data01/72/3269372/html/wp-content/plugins/gmw-kleo-geolocation/includes/gmw-kleo-groups-query-class.php:78) in /home/content/n3pnexwpnas01_data01/72/3269372/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1171

I’m also getting ‘error’ showing in the search on the groups screen when the groups screen loads sometimes now, see screen shots attached.

Robin

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Robin
    Participant

Hi, have you been having a play?

It all looks good now apart form one thing which is odd! The site said I had 5 groups, but there are only two on my site. So I deleted the two groups I had (these were all the groups showing on the backend) and it said I had 3 groups then…

I added one group back, and now it says I have 4 groups. Really odd. Could this be plugin related? Is there any way you know to clear these out, as there are none showing in the backend to get the number back to zero!

Regards

Robin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Groups locator not working on groups screen’ is closed to new replies.