GEO my WP Support

Use this forum for technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons only. For technical support and general questions related to any of the premium extensions please open a new premium support ticket.

[Not resolved]Hard-coded language strings in Post Locator Plug-In

Home Forums Support Hard-coded language strings in Post Locator Plug-In

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

d9media
    Participant

At row 66 of gmw_search_form_post_types method in GMW_PT_Search_Form_Helper (located in wp-content/plugins/geo-my-wp/plugins/posts-locator/includes/gmw-posts-locator-search-form-template-functions.php) there are multiple instances of hard-coded strings.

Since these are wrapped within a class and no filters are being used, it is impossible to alter these easily in an update-safe manner. Therefore I propose the following changes:

“All” is already translated in GeoWP so that will work right away. Select has to be added to a translation file or a WP namespace may be used:

(see line 15480 of wordpress POT file)

Please consider patching this for the next release.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello @d9media,

Thank you for pointing this out. I will make those strings translatable in the next version of the plugin.

However, there is actually a filter that you can use for modifying those strings. The filter is in line 73 of that same file ( ‘gmw_search_form_’ . $args[‘usage’] . ‘_taxonomy_args’ ).

I hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Hard-coded language strings in Post Locator Plug-In’ is closed to new replies.