Forum: Geo Members Directory

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Geo Members Directory premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Hiding street and details in profile?

Home Forums Geo Members Directory Hiding street and details in profile?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  caspergrey 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

CSPTech
    Participant

I have seen a few similar topics but this may be a tad different.

I would like for the user to only have the option to enter their location manually.

I would like to take away the “find my location” option, the map and the street fields.

So all they can enter is city, state, zip code, and country.

Is this possible? This fixes the problem of showing detailed address which users won’t be happy with.

I have attached a screen shot of the section I am talking about.
    Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi,
    At the moment, the only and the easiest way would be to simply hide the fields that you don’t need with CSS display: none.

Because of the way the location form is setup, removing fields will break its functionality.

This will change in the next major update of the plugin.

CSPTech
    Participant

Ok I can try changing the css. Do you have a little more detail on the css code changes?

Will this be a secure enough way to keep addresses private? I just want to safely keep everyone’s info private. It is VERY important. I am fine with city state etc… But people do not like their private info public. Thanks

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Add the CSS below to the stylesheet of your child theme:

This should hide all the location form elements except for the city, state, zipcode and country fields.

CSPTech
    Participant

That is perfect and works. Thank you

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

You are welcome.

caspergrey
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.