Forum: F.A.Q

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons please use the support forum.

[Resolved]How to add a map with members

Home Forums F.A.Q How to add a map with members

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  alicegege 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

alicegege
    Participant

Hello. I’m sorry, I don’t understand how to use the plugin, and add-ons!
    First of all, I haven’t the same add-ons list on your website and on the admin panel, so it’s difficult to know what add-on we can check…
    Also, I had activated “localisateur de membres” (it’s in french, and I can’t find it on your website so I just list it as it’s showned on my admin), “single location”, position actuelle” and I even bought the Xprofile Fields add-on.
    I would like to create maps on my differents groups city, to show members of these cities so I bought this add-on to add members adresses saved in their profile (and this doesn’t work by the way, the field can’t be saved at all).
    What shortcode should I use, how can I display a simple map of all members on a page?
    None of your shortcodes works, just the actual position of myself map, but I don’t need it.
    I would like to integrate these maps on all my differents groups.
    If it can”t work, can I be refound?
    Thank you a lot,
    have a nice day,
    Alice

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Alice,
    I will try to help you step by step until you get everything working.

I had activated “localisateur de membres” (it’s in french, and I can’t find it on your website so I just list it as it’s showed on my admin),

That’s great. That is the “Members Locator” add-on. With this add-on, BuddyPress members can add-on their location using the “Location” tab that GEO my WP generates in the members Profile page or using the Xprofiel Fields add-on that you have purchased. With the add-on you can also create forms using GEO my WP forms builder to search and find members based on location and display them on the map.

I would like to create maps on my differents groups city, to show members of these cities so I bought this add-on to add members addresses saved in their profile.

Thank you for the purchase. Indeed, using the Xprofile Fields add-on members can add/update their location using the profile fields ( instead of GEO my WP “Location” tab ) from the member Profile Page or during registration.
    Note that address entered for members previously the installation of the Xprofile Fileds will not show in GEO my WP database. Members must updated their location after you installed the add-on.

(and this doesn’t work by the way, the field can’t be saved at all).

Can you please explain in details what have you tried and how did you set it up?

What shortcode should I use, how can I display a simple map of all members on a page?

1. Navigate to Dashboard -> GEO my WP -> Forms.
    2. Create a new Members Locator form ( the button at the top of the page ).
    3. In the form editor under the “Page Load Results” tab do the following:
      • check the “Enable Page Load features” checkbox.
      • uncheck the “Display list of results” checkbox.
      • Set “Display map” radio button to “using shortcode”.
      • Set the other settings of the tab as you wish.
    4. Navigate to the “Search Form” tab and set the “Search Form Template” dropdown to “disable search form”.
    5. In the page where you want to display the map add the shortcodes:
      [gmw map=”form ID”]
      [gmw form=”form ID”]

None of your shortcodes works

Which shortcodes have you tried?

if it can”t work, can I be refound?

Yes.

Let me know if the above works and if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

alicegege
    Participant

Thank you a lot for your answer. I will try as possible I can, ti give you more informations. I already post my problem yesterday in Xprofile forum…
    All my core and plugin are updated with last update…
    My plugins :
    Akismet
    BuddyPress
    BuddyPress Group Email Subscription
    BuddyPress Notifications Widget
    BuddyPress Registration Groups
    Buddypress Upload Avatar Ajax
    BuddyPress Usernames Only
    BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Fields Type
    Contact Form 7
    French Typo
    GEO my WP
    GMW Add-on – Xprofile Fields
    Images de catégories
    iThemes Security
    Promotion Slider
    Really Simple CAPTCHA
    Shortcodes Ultimate
    SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam
    Simple Lightbox
    WP-Pro-Quiz
    Yoast SEO

Problem 1:
    Now I have my adress field, I try (with a registration AND a profil update) to add an adress with this field, but I don’t know why, it can’t be saved. The adress is still empty after saving.

Problem 2:
    I can’t display a map of users, I tried [gmw_single_location item_type=”member”] and [gmw_member_info], and now your shortcode [gmw map=”form ID”] and [gmw form=”form ID”] , nothing at all is displaying…

My website isused by 190 members. I can perhaps make a maintenance, but I really can’t make a big crash with it…

Do you have an idea with these problems? How can I save my fields? Do you need more informations or an access?
    Thank you for your reply,
    Alice

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

You Are welcome Alice,

Problem 1:
    Now I have my adress field, I try (with a registration AND a profil update) to add an adress with this field, but I don’t know why, it can’t be saved. The adress is still empty after saving.

That sounds like a conflict with another plugin. If the field is not being saved at all the issue, I assume, is somewhere else and not in Xprofile Fields add-on. to test it deactivate Xprofile Fields add-on and try to save an address again. If the address is being saved then it is indeed the Xprofile Fields add-on. Otherwise, it is a different plugin that causes that.

I can’t display a map of users, I tried [gmw_single_location item_type=”member”] and [gmw_member_info], and now your shortcode [gmw map=”form ID”] and [gmw form=”form ID”] , nothing at all is displaying…

[gmw_single_location item_type=”member”] and [gmw_member_info] will not display any information unless the members entered location to GEO my WP. a member can enter his location either using the “Location” tab or the xprofile fields. Since the Xprofile Fields is not working properly at the moment please try adding location to a user using the “Location” tab until we figure out the Xprofile Fields issue.

Once you added location to a member [gmw_single_location item_type=”member”] and [gmw_member_info] should work.

Both [gmw map=”form ID”] and [gmw form=”form ID”] will not show anything as well unless your members entered location via GEO my WP as described above. Also ( if you haven’t done already ) make sure your replace the “form ID” in the shortcode with the actual form ID of the form you created ( ex. [gmw form=”1″] ).

Let me know how it goes.

alicegege
    Participant

Thank you for your answer.
    It’s still doesn’t work.
    I had desactivated all my pluggin but not these ones :

• BuddyPress
    • BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Fields Type
    • GEO my WP
    • GMW Add-on – Xprofile Fields

And no adress can be saved.
    What I don’t understand : a new member made a subscription yesterday, and I can see an adress. So, I don’t know if there is a bug with displaying only, if the adress is in the database but not showing. Where can I find it in database?

Also, your shortcode doesn’t work, there are some adresses entered before I put this pluggin, I choose the field in option of GEO, so nothing is empty, and not showing… How could you help me to fixe it?

I will reactivate all my pluggin for my members…
    Have a nice day,
    Alice

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

HI Alice,

GEO my WP will not show addresses entered before you installed GEO my WP or Xprofile Fields. Your members will need to update their location after the installation of the plugin so they will show on a map.

Please deactivate “BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Fields Type” plugin and see if the address fields works.

Now, regardless the Xprofile Fields add-on. Please navigate to the BuddyPress member Profile page and click on the “Location” tab. Enter and address and save it. reload the page and see if the address is still set after the page reloaded. If it is then go to the page with the map and check if the map is working.

Thanks,

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Also,
    1) Which theme are you using?

2) Which version of Xprfoile Fields add-on are you using?

alicegege
    Participant

Hello,
    it still doesn’t work. I reinitialized a test’s site, and rebuilt all my website. So I don’t understand, my field is still not saved. I just have buddypress and Maintenance plugin. So what is the probleme you think? Also, I have delete all forms, to have empty options, and disable autofill…
    Could you help me?
    Thank you…

alicegege
    Participant

Sorry, to answer your last question, I built my own theme. I switch with an other theme, but still, adresses can’t be saved!…

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.

alicegege
    Participant

Thank you for your reply !

Private Content Hidden

alicegege
    Participant

Private Content Hidden

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Alice,
    Any updates regarding this issue?

alicegege
    Participant

I’m not sure to have understand the answer. Is it the cause of the impossibility to save adress for example? Why both my 2 sites, the 1st one and the “test” one should have the same problem of query? Is it the case?
    I will call the provider, but It won’t solve all problems of the pluggin… I let you know,
    Thank you and good weekend,
    Alice

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.