GEO my WP Support

Use this forum for technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons only. For technical support and general questions related to any of the premium extensions please open a new premium support ticket.

[Not resolved]How to display map ONLY?

Home Forums Support How to display map ONLY?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

R083RT
    Participant

I’m new to GeoMyWP and trying to display a simple map on my homepage. Similar to the map displayed on https://geomywp.com/ homepage. Except I don’t even need the address box that’s located in the map in the upper left corner. All I need is just a map with pin drops (which will most likely be clusters since there’s so many of them).

The problem is I don’t know how to achieve that. Seems like by design the plugin is meant to display the search form with the map, and with the search results.

Any idea on how to achieve this?

I was thinking maybe I need to create a custom template and in the template strip away the search form and result, so all I have left is the map. Is that the best approach?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,
    What you described is possible. Please follow the steps below:

1) Create a new ( or edit an existing ) Members Locator form.
    2) Under the “Page Load Results” tab do the following:
    a) check the “Enable Page Load features” checkbox.
    b) uncheck the “Display list of results” checkbox.
    c) Set “Display map” radio button to “using shortcode”.
    d) Set the other settings of the tab as you wish.
    3) Navigate to the “Search Form” tab and set the “Search Form Template” dropdown to “disable search form”.
    4) In the page where you want to display the map add the shortcodes:
    [gmw map=”form ID”]
    [gmw form=”form ID”]

That’s it. You can do the same for Posts Locator and Groups Locator forms.

Let me know if this works.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.