Forum: Kleo Geolocation

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Kleo Geolocation premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Improvements suggestion and a bug

Home Forums Kleo Geolocation Improvements suggestion and a bug

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Santi Azpilicueta 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Santi Azpilicueta
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

I am working on some customization to the groups directory on my site with this plugin, and I notice that initially the plugin does not show the right count for ALL groups, even those without a location, when the search filter is not used. It would be nice to be able to show the total group count as well as pagination for all the groups, and when the user is searching, display only those results. It would also be good to have a way to clear the ‘reset’ the search.

A solution I applied for initial count is to add defined(‘DOING_AJAX’) conditional to the gmwGlTotalQuery, so that it’s running only when during ajax requests.

Also, there’s a filter name bug in gmw-kleo-search-query-class.php line 236. It’s a wrong filter name there.

Thanks,
    Roman.

Santi Azpilicueta
    Participant

There’s also a bug with the toggling of the submit button/loader. Currently, it’s toggling the element on every ajax start/stop, which also includes any other ajax requests being carried out on the page. Kleo in particular has a buddypress notifications listener, which triggers the toggling of this button. It would probably be better to use ajaxSend/ajaxComplete methods and check for the event type to specifically target the group/member forms.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Santi,

I am working on some customization to the groups directory on my site with this plugin, and I notice that initially the plugin does not show the right count for ALL groups…

Fixed in version 1.2

It would also be good to have a way to clear the ‘reset’ the search.

a “reset form” trigger added to version 1.2

Also, there’s a filter name bug in gmw-kleo-search-query-class.php line 236. It’s a wrong filter name there.

Thank you for pointing it out. The filter renamed in version 1.2.

There’s also a bug with the toggling of the submit button/loader. Currently, it’s toggling the element on every ajax start/stop, which also includes any other ajax requests being carried out on the page. Kleo in particular has a buddypress notifications listener, which triggers the toggling of this button. It would probably be better to use ajaxSend/ajaxComplete methods and check for the event type to specifically target the group/member forms.

Thanks for finding the issue and suggesting a solution. ajaxSend/ajaxComplete applied to the plugin in version 1.2.

Thank you for all of the above. Version 1.2 is now available for update. Please update your plugin and let me know if all of the above is working as expected.

Santi Azpilicueta
    Participant

Awesome! Thank you so much! The new version looks great. There’s one bug that I see in my console though related to the ajax requests: Cannot read property ‘indexOf’ of undefined. Everything else works. 🙂

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

You are welcome Santi,
    I am not sure the error as todo with the plugin. Have you tried deactivating the plugin to see if the error is gone?

Santi Azpilicueta
    Participant

This error has to do with the Kleo Notification ajax requests. In your ajax js, you should be checking to make sure that settings.data != ‘undefined’. This would solve these errors.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Thank you Santi for the suggestion. I am going to look into it and release an update as needed.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Santi,
    New version with a fix was uploaded to the server. Please update your plugin and let me know if it fixes the issue mentioned above.

Thanks,

Santi Azpilicueta
    Participant

It fixed it, thank you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.