Forum: Global Maps

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Global Maps premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Inserting a map based on search results

Home Forums Global Maps Inserting a map based on search results

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  awdevore 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

awdevore
    Participant

Hell, With this plugin, if I would like a small map that reflects the search result to show up on the search result page in my site, how do I configure this? I would like to be able to place this map in a certain area on the page and have it be a custom size that fits.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi,
    To display a search results map you can use the shortcode [gmw map=”form ID”].

This is cannot be done with a Global Map but with a normal Post Type Locator or Members Locator forms.

1) Create new or edit an existing form( let’s say the form ID is 1 ) and set it up as you wish.
    2) In the “Search Results” tab of the form set the “Display map” feature to “use Shortcode”.
    3) place the shortcode [gmw search_form=”1″] where you want to display the search form.
    4) Place the shortcode [gmw search_results=”1″] where you want to display the list of results.
    5) Place the shortcode [gmw map=”1″] where ever you want to display the map.

Note, To display the map using a shortcode you must use both shortcodes [gmw map=”1″] and [gmw search_results=”1″] on the same page regardless if you display the list of results or not.

The map dimensions you can set in the “Results Map” tab of the form.

I hope that helps.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

HI,
    Just checking if the above solution worked for you.

awdevore
    Participant

Yes thank you. 😉

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

You are very welcome.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Inserting a map based on search results’ is closed to new replies.