Forum: Kleo Geolocation

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Kleo Geolocation premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]kleo and geodirectory

Home Forums Kleo Geolocation kleo and geodirectory

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ido Angel
    Participant

hey,

i’m using kleo theme and bought the kleo addon.

no autocomplete is searches (i understand it’s a bug but searching results here only brought up private messages in replies so i couldn’t track the solution).

one other question, not concerning autocomplete:

is geomywp able to read locations from geodirectory or do i have to insert DOUBLE locations on places (listings) if i want results to show?

thanks.

Ido

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Angel and thank you for the purchase.

1) There is a known conflict between GEO my WP and Geo-Directory plugins which causes some issues such as the one you described above. I know that most times the GEO-Directory team helped the users solving it.
    Please take a look at this solution and see if it works for you.

2)

is geomywp able to read locations from geodirectory or do i have to insert DOUBLE locations on places (listings) if i want results to show?

Unfortunately, at the moment you will need to enter the locations twice. However, I am planing to look into a better solution for a future release of GEO my WP. Probably some sort of location importer from GEO-directory into GEO my WP.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Actually, importing locations into GEO my WP can probably be done using some hooks and custom functions.

What you can do is look for a hook that fires whenever a new location is enter or updated via GEO-Directory plugin. Use this hook to execute a custom function that will take the location entered and save it in GEO my WP database table.

With PHP and WordPress hooks knowledge, i believe that it should be fairly simple to accomplish.

I hope that helps.

Ido Angel
    Participant

toda eyal. i’m cool with wordpress but lack knowledge of hooks and php unfortunately.
    i’ll wait for your solution 🙂
    yom tov.
    ido

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Bevakasha Ido :).

If you can/want, contact the developers of the Geo-Directory plugin and ask them if there is a hook that fires whenever a new location is created and/or when an existing location is updated. IF there is a hook, please post it here and I might be able to help you with the custom function.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘kleo and geodirectory’ is closed to new replies.