Forum: Beta Testing

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons please use the support forum.

last GMW version use of excerpts and featured image in infobox

Home Forums Beta Testing last GMW version use of excerpts and featured image in infobox

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

emilien
    Participant

Hi Eyal,
    I hope you’re fine, I just noticed something about excerpts while playing with your last great update. (Hats off once again!!!). I’m using the Divi theme by Elegant themes and it all works with shortcodes to organize the content, so when I activate the display of excerpts in my GMW maps, I get something unreadable.

Is it possible to load the actual Excerpt box content (when defined) instead of loading a number of the post content itself? I guess it could be a solution with that problem because I’m afraid every page builder will conflict in that case.

I also noticed if my featured image is quite large there’s a problem in its display. I guess it can be fixed trough css, i’ll have a look with firebug.

Thank you so much in advance, have a nice day,

Emilien

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Emilien,
    I am glad you like the new updates :).

1) I will look into the shortcode issue.

2) The Image might be too large in some cases but since images have different size I had to style it that way in order it to fit certain area of the info window.
    The easiest way to style it is as you mentioned via CSS. It should be fairly simple.

3) I haven’t been much on the computer this week but I saw your other topic and the question on the blog post. I will take a look at it and will respond to it by tomorrow.

Thank you.

emilien
    Participant

Hi Eyal and thank you so much for your answers,

1) I don’t know if it is possible but I guess it would be fine to be able to select the excerpt origin: either the Excerpt metabox or the posts content itself, + a number of words…

2) my problem regarding that image is those are badges, so I fixed it with CSS to make them appear entirely and it is very simple as you said.

3) I just realized this morning I had been the wrong way thinking of this search issue. To achieve what I had in mind, I don’t think trying to mix GMW and an improved WP search engine would be the best option, even though it could be great in other cases. The need here isn’t to search, it’s actually to filter I guess. I think what would be awesome would be to mix GMW great features and search form with the also great Essential Grid plugin. That way we could filter an Ajax grid of posts based on custom post types, taxonomies, GMW locations data, etc. and maybe even integrate a free keyword search field to have a complete search UX. In a next step, I guess it would be easier to wrap that form into a natural language phrase as Corops talked about.

Thank you again for you support and responsiveness,
    have a great day,

Emilien

emilien
    Participant

your* support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Beta Testing’ is closed to new topics and replies.