November 22, 2014 at 2:32 pm #28626
I hope you’re fine, I just noticed something about excerpts while playing with your last great update. (Hats off once again!!!). I’m using the Divi theme by Elegant themes and it all works with shortcodes to organize the content, so when I activate the display of excerpts in my GMW maps, I get something unreadable.
Is it possible to load the actual Excerpt box content (when defined) instead of loading a number of the post content itself? I guess it could be a solution with that problem because I’m afraid every page builder will conflict in that case.
I also noticed if my featured image is quite large there’s a problem in its display. I guess it can be fixed trough css, i’ll have a look with firebug.
Thank you so much in advance, have a nice day,
EmilienNovember 23, 2014 at 1:26 am #28629
I am glad you like the new updates :).
1) I will look into the shortcode issue.
2) The Image might be too large in some cases but since images have different size I had to style it that way in order it to fit certain area of the info window.
The easiest way to style it is as you mentioned via CSS. It should be fairly simple.
3) I haven’t been much on the computer this week but I saw your other topic and the question on the blog post. I will take a look at it and will respond to it by tomorrow.
Thank you.November 23, 2014 at 7:14 am #28628
Hi Eyal and thank you so much for your answers,
1) I don’t know if it is possible but I guess it would be fine to be able to select the excerpt origin: either the Excerpt metabox or the posts content itself, + a number of words…
2) my problem regarding that image is those are badges, so I fixed it with CSS to make them appear entirely and it is very simple as you said.
3) I just realized this morning I had been the wrong way thinking of this search issue. To achieve what I had in mind, I don’t think trying to mix GMW and an improved WP search engine would be the best option, even though it could be great in other cases. The need here isn’t to search, it’s actually to filter I guess. I think what would be awesome would be to mix GMW great features and search form with the also great Essential Grid plugin. That way we could filter an Ajax grid of posts based on custom post types, taxonomies, GMW locations data, etc. and maybe even integrate a free keyword search field to have a complete search UX. In a next step, I guess it would be easier to wrap that form into a natural language phrase as Corops talked about.
Thank you again for you support and responsiveness,
have a great day,
EmilienNovember 23, 2014 at 7:14 am #28627
The forum ‘Beta Testing’ is closed to new topics and replies.