Forum: Groups Locator

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Groups Locator premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Location Does Not Save When Adding a New Group

Home Forums Groups Locator Location Does Not Save When Adding a New Group

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Naomi
    Participant

Hi, the location does not save when adding a new group on the frontend, as reported here:

Location issue?

I enter the location when creating the new group, and when I visit the newly created group, it says this group does not have a location. So I have to add the location again through the group’s ‘Manage’ area, and then it saves.

Private Content Hidden

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Naomi,

It is hard to know what causes the issue without seeing the live site. It could be a conflict with a theme or with another plugin, it could be a JavaScript error on the page which prevents the geocoder from working and others possibilities.

Do you know how to look for JavaScript error on a page using the browser console?

Naomi
    Participant

Hi, Eyal,

Is this something that you’re able to replicate or no? The issue isn’t with the geocoder — it works great and fills in the correct location. The issue is that the location is not being saved during the group creation process. You have to go back to the group ‘Manage’ area and add the location again in order for it to stick.

Naomi
    Participant

Hi, Eyal,

This does appear to be related to the theme and/or plugins, but it’s odd that *only* the location setting is lost AND the location setting saves when you fill it in again.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Naomi,
    I tested the group creation on 2 of my test sites but It works fine. Do you know if/when you will have a live development site? I would gladly log-in and take a look at the issue for you.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

This topic marked “Resolved” due to inactivity. If you need additional help with the above, please open a new support ticket.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.