Forum: Beta Testing

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons please use the support forum.

Marker Offsets

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

solace
    Participant

Hi,

I’m not sure if this is a bug or not, but I have set up a map that displays 28 markers, all in different locations spread out over about a 30km radius. The map is set to auto zoom so that all the markers are visible on page load. Most of the markers appear like the following screenshot, with a small red line attached to the marker.

http://screencast.com/t/0pnnEzCqnOM

The markers are all separate and have no other nearby markers. The line appears to point at the actual coordinate with the marker itself being offset.

I have narrowed down the source of the problem to line 46 of map.js where it offsets markers in the same location based on bounds starting at var latlngbounds = new google.maps.LatLngBounds(); which incrementally increases the boundary by the each subsequent marker (line 65).

I’m not sure if this is meant to be how it works though, because if you increase the boundary by the last marker, you could potentially end up with most of the markers contained within the increasing boundary created by the previous markers and be offset, even if they don’t have another marker nearby to warrant it.

Is this bit of code necessary, or have I missed something? (I could have missed something, I’ve been staring at code all day…)

Thanks for the help. 🙂

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Thank you for pointing it out Solace.

The markers offset is there to prevent multiple markers being on same the exact same spot on the map when multiple posts have the exact same location. The script should only check for posts that share the same location and if exist it moves the marker bit and create the line connect it to its original location so the users will understand that all these markers belong to the same spot on the map.

It seems to be a bug which apply the above to all markers and not only to the markers that share same location.

I will get that fix for the final release.

Thank you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Beta Testing’ is closed to new topics and replies.