Forum: Kleo Geolocation

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Kleo Geolocation premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Members Directory doesn't show with map switched on!

Home Forums Kleo Geolocation Members Directory doesn't show with map switched on!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Philip Strothmann
    Participant

Hey guys,

after a few hours of testing, I’ve finally identified the culprit for my troubles with my members directory: The Kleo Geolocation Add-On. Now, it’s a rather strange behavior that I’m currently dealing with:

1) If I visit my members directory, all content is loaded, yet then the map and the profiles disappear – however, even though the screen turns white, the content is still there. If you hover a bit with you mouse around, you will eventually see that the links to the member profiles still work.

2) The issue is only present for some browsers: Firefox on Mac and IE and Chrome on Windows.

3) The issue is only present when users are not logged-in.

I’m really not sure, what’s causing the issue, but it’s of course creating quite some issue… I’ve switched the map on for now so you can review the issue. I’m also attaching two screenshots to show the issue.

Would be great if you could look into this and help me to get it all working again 🙂

Thanks so much in advance!

Kind regards,
    Philip

BTW:

I’m using WP, BP and Kleo with the latest version. I’m also using all sorts of other plugins that affect also the directory (BP Profile Search, BP-WP Profile Reviews & BuddyPress Profile Visibility Manager), yet I disabled all of them and the issue only happens when the Kleo Geolocation Plugin is switched on!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Philip Strothmann
    Participant

Sorry, I forgot somehow to include a link to the side in question: https://fslci.org/members/

Kind regards,
    Philip

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.

Philip Strothmann
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Thank you for the detailed.

I found the bug and fixed it directly on you site.

I will release an official fix soon.

Please test it and let me know if there are any other issues.

Thanks,

Philip Strothmann
    Participant

Dear Eyal,

it’s still not working. I don’t get to see the map and my users anymore in any setting. Affects all browsers, independent from login status. Also, I noticed something else:

For some reason my slide out menu on the top was not assigned anymore to a menu item?! I did reassign it, but I’ve now noticed that it’s not sliding out anymore on the members page. It does work though on all other pages. So I guess there might be conflict here!?

Kind regards,
    Philip

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

HI Philip,

I am not sure why you are not seeing the map and users but it works fine when I view it on Chrome and Safari browsers logged in or logged out.

Have you tried clearing the browser cache?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Philip Strothmann
    Participant

Hey Eyal,

no idea what changed, yes I flushed the cache a million times before posting earlier, but now indeed it seems to work! The slide out menu also works again. Wonders of technology… I’ll monitor it further, but it looks like all is fine for now! Thanks so much, highly appreciated!

Kind regards,
    Philip

Philip Strothmann
    Participant

Hey Eyal,

sooooo. This is a stubborn one! Upon further testing, it seems that there might be a conflict with the BP Profile Search plugin?! I’m not sure, which one is now still causing the issue. But essentially, the moment I change a search/switch it on, the issue reappears. Weirdly enough, only with Firefox – for both, logged-in and logged-out users?! Also, in Firefox, two search fields go missing, which are present in both Safari and Chrome. Any idea what this issue might be?

Update: I stand corrected: Same issue is also present with Chrome! Though there seems to be no consistency. Sometimes it seems to work, sometimes not 🙁

Kind regards,
    Philip

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

HI Philip,
    Unfortunately, I am not sure what causes this issue. I just tested your site with Safari, Chrome and Firefox and it works fine logged in and logged out. It seems to be some sort of a conflict between two or more plugins. However, I don’t see any error messages nor the issues so there is no way for me to track it down.

Best thing to do is the moment you see the issue try to disable the plugins that you believe that might cause the conflict and see if it fixes the issue.

I will install the BP Profile Search plugin on my test site and see if it effects the site in anyway.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

This topic marked “Resolved” due to inactivity. If you need additional help with the above, please open a new support ticket.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Members Directory doesn't show with map switched on!’ is closed to new replies.