Forum: Global Maps

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Global Maps premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Not resolved]Members' names are being recorded as their locations…

Home Forums Global Maps Members' names are being recorded as their locations…

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Trevor Townsend 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Trevor Townsend
    Participant

Hi all – great plugins!

I’ve seen something weird happening … on the Members Map and individual member pages (liveandoutloud.ca/the-map) the members’ names are being shown as their locations.

Strangely, it seems that the member’s name is correctly recorded, but then replaced by their location almost instantly. See the attached…

Can anyone suggest what might be causing this?

Best,
    Trevor

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Trevor Townsend
    Participant

As a quick follow-up, the users’ first and last names have somehow been changed to their location (see attached).

It seems that it follows a pattern of taking the first complete word of the location, making that the user’s name and the remaining location becomes the user’s last name. This is true for all users that I sampled.

Any ideas?

Attachments:

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Trevor,

I have never seen this issue before, weird.

At what point exactly does the user’s name change? After entering location for the first time? After updating it? Randomly ? What happens if you delete the user’s location?

Trevor Townsend
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

I don’t know how to answer your questions…but it seems that the user correctly registers with a username and then the name is somehow immediately changed to their location after they register. Please see the order of the entries on the user’s page in the attached screenshot; I’ve numbered the order in which the system logs the activity on the account.

This could be fatal for using these plugins – I’m working on this right now and will be until this is resolved.

Attachments:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.