Forum: F.A.Q

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons please use the support forum.

Miles Radius Select field help

Home Forums F.A.Q Miles Radius Select field help

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  conradMG 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

aaron1988
    Participant

Hi,

sorry if this is in the wrong forum section. i hae Geo my wp, and on the radius it is displayed as a “Select Dropdown type” is there any way to change this so its a “Input radio buttons with Labels? so can style the Radius for example like this website:

http://www.joininuk.org/club-profiles-search/?gmw_distance=5&gmw_address%5B0%5D=ba202ar%2C%20uk&field_1&gmw_units=imperial&gmw_form=4&gmw_per_page=10&gmw_lat&gmw_lng&gmw_px=fl&action=gmw_post

Hope someone can help me

Thanks
    Aaron

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Aaron,
    GEO my WP does not have this options out of the box but you can create it using custom functions. You need to look at the function that creates the radius dropdown menu ( in GEO my WP file ) and create a similar function but instead of dropdown menu you will need to have radio buttons.
    You can place the function that you create directly within the search form template file replacing the original function that create the dropdown. If you do modify the search form template file I suggest you to create a custom search form template file ( see this topic ) and place it within your theme’s folder to prevent it from being overwritten when updating the plugin.

I hope that helps.

aaron1988
    Participant

Hi,

cheers for the reply what sort of function / files do i need to edit? if possible?

Thanks
    Aaron

conradMG
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m combing the forums with a similar question. Aaron, are the pre-existing dropdowns part of GeomyWP or did you have to get the Premium Settings addon?

I’m trying to get a similar setup where there’s a text input field or dropdown in the search form.

Thanks,
    Conrad

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.