Forum: Groups Locator

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Groups Locator premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Modify no results output

Home Forums Groups Locator Modify no results output

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Liam 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

philshannon
    Participant

I’m trying to figure out how to modify what is displayed when a groups search yields no results. We’d like to display custom content there and prompt the user to take actions when no groups are in their area but I can’t figure it out.

I can successfully modify the template when there ARE results, but not when there are NO results.

Thanks for your guidance.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello,
    At the moment you can modify the “No results” message using a filter instead of a template file like when there are results.

The filter is

and can be used as the example below ( add the script to the function.php file of your theme ):

Let me know if you have any questions.

kazi
    Participant

hi
    I would like to customize the no-results page.
    I have tried but not successful. i can customize the message only but i would like add some custom content there.
    Please let me know is that possible?

ARCangelGIRL
    Participant

Hi @Eyal Fitoussi
    I used your snippet in my functions.php file to change no results output message and what I get is this error “Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in”. Looks like there is a problem with $this->form.
    Any ideas how I can solve this?

Liam
    Participant

@arcangelgirl did you ever get this working, I’m currently using the same code and get the same error. I’ve looked into upgrading to the 3.0 Beta but at the moment my company want to stick with plug-in versions that are in full release.

ARCangelGIRL
    Participant

Hi @liam
    Actually I did not get it work with the snipped I posted earlier.
    I ended up changing files straight in plugin folder.

Liam
    Participant

@arcangelgirl I worried that would be what I needed to do but wanted to avoid if possible. Oh well. Thanks for letting me know.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.