Forum: Global Maps

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Global Maps premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Feature request]Multiple Map Location Pins

Home Forums Global Maps Multiple Map Location Pins

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

berjac
    Participant

Hi Eyal

Please can you help me with a few issues?

1.) I have a map that has a lot of locations for one area – I have attached a copy to show you the concentration of the pins. Is there anyway that the pins could be spread further apart – The way it is at the moment makes it hard to navigate to view the items as it is.

2.) Is it possible to get a preview pop-up when you roll-over the pin …… maybe just the title post?

3.) Rather than having a pop-up, when you click a pin, would it possible to get the post to open in another window?

Regards
    Bernard

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Bernard,
    everything you are asking above is possible but will require custom work directly on the JavaScrip file.

Why won’t you use the Marker Grouping feature to group nearby mrkers together. I see that you have purchased the Premium Setitngs add-on and grouping markers is part of the add-on. If you haven’t notice then in the form editor under the “Results Map” tab you can choose to group nearby markers using markers clusters or marker spiderfier.

Let me know if that helps.

berjac
    Participant

Hi Eyal

thanks for the information provided.

I have indeed seen the marker grouping and am using it …. the problem is that on the map there are a lot of markers in on specific locations and will be more in the future as well …….. so when I zoom into the map to that specific location I see the cluster as I attached in the image file sent with the last mail.

The problem is that when the pins are so closely grouped together, it becomes difficult to select a specific pin ……. do you perhaps have another solution?

Regards
    B

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Bernard,
    Sorry for missing out your last reply.

I will need to look into a solution. The Marker Clusterer is an external library that being used with GEO my WP; I didn’t developer it. So I will need to look into a work around.
    I do believe that the Markers Spiderfier handles nearby markers better then markers clusters. Have you tried that?

berjac
    Participant

Hi Eyal

Thanks for getting back to me, I was getting ready to follow up with you again.

I did try all the options and all seem to get quite messy when there are a lot of locations for one GEO coord.

I did find this site : http://mappedinct.com/

It appears to use your map system but has some interesting features as you can see on the site …..

The first is the grouping of the categories …… and the search (filtering) on the right of the map

The second is the way it lists the bulk clusters …….

Is this part of your system …. or has it been customised?

I hope it can be done on your map … let me know.

Regards
    Bernard

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

HI Bernard,
    The grouping part is customized, when on click you see a popup info-window with a list of links when multiple markers are on the same exact location. This is a modified version of the markerclusterer library, which is a public library developed by another developer and also being used with GEO my WP.

The grouping part can be added to GEO my WP and will be added in a future update ( it has been on my todo list ). Probably with the release of the next major update of GEO my WP in a couple of months.

Until then, you can look into this custom solution.

It shouldn’t be too difficult to accomplish with some JavaScript knowledge.

I hope that helps,

berjac
    Participant

Hi Eyal

Thanks for your response. I’ve taken a look at the solution link you sent me …. That’s a bit more beyond my simple knowledge of coding.

When do you expect to have this working on your add-on? It really would help me considerably as I have a large number of locations with the same GEO coordinate.

If it is going to take too long, are you able to assist me further in getting mine to work?

Regards
    Bernard

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Bernard,
    I am currently working on the next major update of GEO my WP and I am planning to add this feature as well. However, I don’t have an estimated time of completion since it is a “big” update.

I will try to take a look at it and give you some points when I get a free moment. However, at the moment I am super busy with bug fixes and update since I was mostly away from the computer in the past 3 weeks of the holidays.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Multiple Map Location Pins’ is closed to new replies.