Forum: Nearby Posts

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Nearby Posts premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Nearby Locations not working?

Home Forums Nearby Posts Nearby Locations not working?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

James B
    Participant

Hi Eyal, first thanks for this great plugin, it’s doing what we need and has been working great.

I’m trying to migrate from the form entry to listing what’s closest to the user automatically. I installed Nearby Locations (v 1.1 Beta 2) and Current Location in addition to the Post Types Locator that was already running. But when I change the shortcode (written in the PHP template file) from gmw form=”results” to [gmw_nearby_locations item_type=”posts” nearby=”user” show_random_locations=”0″] I get “Nothing was found near you”. If I use nearby=”<some GPS coordinates>” I get a random list of locations. So something’s not working properly.

I verified that the browser has the user’s location with gmw_current_location address_label=”Your Location” – location is reported correctly.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Next step will be to custom configure the search results like we did with the form. Can I upload custom files to <template dir>/geo-my-wp/posts/nearby or something similar?

Thanks
    James

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello James,
    I apologize but I just now came a cross this topic.

Do you still need help with the above?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

This topic marked “Resolved” due to inactivity. If you wish to reply to this topic please change its status to “Not resolved”  before replying.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.