Forum: F.A.Q

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons please use the support forum.

Permissions

Home Forums F.A.Q Permissions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

thecbell
    Participant

Hello,
    fairly new to GEO my WP. I run a subscription website with 2 types of subscription (individuals and companies) and i would like to know if there is a way i can enable those with an individual account to be able to see the location of those with company accounts nearby, but i dont want those with individual accounts to be able to have their location seen due to confidentiality. Could i do this through setting permissions in Buddypress or custom profile fields etc?
    any ideas?
    thanks

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi,
    There is a filter that you can use that will hide the map of the Location tab when viewing the profile of another user.

The filter is:

and can be found in geo-my-wp/plugins/friends/includes/gmw-fl-search-funcitons.php.

So based on an IF and ELSE statements that will check for the type of subscription you can choose to hide the map by adding the below code to the functions.php file of your theme:

I hope this helps

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Permissions’ is closed to new replies.